I recently bought my first Boss pedal, the Ds-2. Whenever i plug into the input, the pedal's light will turn on, without me having pressed the pedal. I have tried turning it off and plugging it back in, but it still lights up. BTW i use batteries with my pedals, if that helps. Is this something exclusive to the ds-2, or is it something all boss pedals do? Or is it something wrong with my pedal?
"If you find your truth you must follow it. You could find it in a paper bag, or in a statue, or in a slaughterhouse; you might find it dangling somewhere. People might say, '"What the heck are you doing?"', but it's OK if they don't understand. And if you follow it stay true to it, and respect it, you could be in store for the greatest journey you could ever imagine."
~BPC
I highly recommend that you don't use batteries in pedals unless you need to. 9v batteries add up fast in cost. and are less reliable because you may not know when one was going to die

that aside, try a 9v power supply.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
I think that may be by design. I "ve had a couple of pedals over the years that did the same thing. as long as you can turn it off with no issue then it's not really a big deal.
All Boss pedals behave this way. There's a digital circuit (a flip flop) in there that controls the pedal on/off and the LED. The flip flop is randomly on or off when you first power up the pedal.
www.facebook.com/yourbadinfluence
^ Yeah some of mine do it and some don't (and in fact now I think of it, all of them do it sometimes, so it may well just be the random thing 8Len8 said). I don't think (famous last words ) it's anything to worry about.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?