Guys
I have a Fender MIM standard strat that I bought off eBay and use for practising. Playing for just under a year.

Recently I am getting into lead playing and I find the low E to thin sounding for my liking.
I have checked the pickup height, tired different effects from my Boss BR80, but still the same.

Never noticed this whilst practising chords over last few months. Noticing just now that I have started practising leads playing.

May be that's how 9 gauge is supposed to sound on a single coil.
I tried a humbucker Ibanez in shop and it did sound beefier but then the lower strings were too beefy for my liking.

Is there a way to beef up just the thinnest string on my Fender strat? without beefing up all the rest.

Thanks
Sam
Do you notice the same thing with new strings?
Guitars:
Jackson Kelly KE3 - MIJ (Distortion/Jazz)
Jackson DKMGT Dinky (EMG 81/85)
ESP E-II Eclipse Custom (JB/'59)
ESP LTD EC-1001FR (EMG 81/60)
Fender MIM Strat

Amps:
Mesa/Boogie Dual Rectifier Roadster 212
Laney IronHeart IRT-Studio
Peavey Vypyr 30
Peavey ReValver Amp Sims
TOOOO many T.C. Electronic Pedals. . .
well I use 9s on my strats and have no issue. humbuckers will sound "beefier" that just the nature of the beast. as mentioned it may depends on what pickup selection you are using. if in the bridge position the it can be very trebly which may sound thin. if you are used to playing a humbucker guitar then you may have to re eq your amp (or pedal) to work better with single coils. are you using an overdrive?
I just went to a guitar shop and tried a new fender in the shop and it's the same. So at least I know now that it's nothing to do with my fender but it's the way it is supposed to sound. The guitarist at the shop told me that using FUZZ and adjusting EQ can change it or use neck pickup when playing much higher up the neck on thinnest strings.
Quote by samirguitar
I just went to a guitar shop and tried a new fender in the shop and it's the same. So at least I know now that it's nothing to do with my fender but it's the way it is supposed to sound. The guitarist at the shop told me that using FUZZ and adjusting EQ can change it or use neck pickup when playing much higher up the neck on thinnest strings.

adjust eq is big. this is also the reason that many strat players solo on the neck pickup. also where you pick the string can make a difference. I tend to pick clser to the neck pickup when using the bridge pup as that cuts down on the treble a bit.
Might be the cut of the nut. Maybe have a tech see if the nut slot is the right size for the string and is smooth.
www.facebook.com/yourbadinfluence