[SOLVED!]
Provided psu was the problem. The MXR EQ is now powered from my Decibel psu with all the other pedals. And working perfect!

Hey!
First my equipment i question.
Decibel 11 hot deluxe psu.
Seven 9v pedals.
One 18v pedal. (Running on it's own psu)
Laney Ironhearth amp.

My signal chain is like this. Guitar --> 4 pedals --> Amp --> fx send --> 3 pedals --> fx return --> cab
All seven pedals powered by Decibel psu. All dead quiet!

If I add the mxr 10 band EQ 18v (with it's own psu) infront of the amp (with the 4 pedals) I hear nothing.
But if I add the mxr 10 band EQ 18v in the fx loop running on it's own psu I get this unbearable buzz. Gets louder if I turn the pedal on.

I'm waiting for the voltage doubling cable to power my 18v EQ through Decibel. Hopefully that will fix the issue.
Last edited by dryellexo at Dec 28, 2016,
I could be wrong but shouldn't using a separate PSU effectively be isolated anyway?
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Dave_Mc
^this.
The noise might just be your pedal picking up stuff from around the house. The fx loop is usually after any noise filtering circuitry the amp might have, so pedal may be noiser in it.

I had the same problem when I used to use an EQ pedal in the loop, at home it was noisy as hell but at my rehearsal space, where you'd be hard-pressed to find any modems, tv, fridges or other crap that may be picked up by pedals or amps, it worked perfectly.

Try to plug your rig someplace else, try a power conditioner or you can give one of those filtered power strips a try.
^ yeah.

I mean, it's always possible that the GEQ's PSU is crappy. Is it the one which is meant to come with it?

But if it's not crappy, I'm not sure that using an isolated multi-PSU will help.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
sweet, so it was just a dodgy PSU then? Glad it's sorted.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?