What kind of a question is that? Listen to it and decide if its hard or not. Better yet, try to learn it, and you will have your anwser.
Joža je kul. On ma sirove z dodatki pa hambije.
The arpeggios it has might be. Other than that, it's not that hard. It really depends on which version of it you want to play. You could simply play something easier at the arpeggio parts and then continue with the song itself.
Quote by Billie_J
The arpeggios it has might be. Other than that, it's not that hard.

... Right.

Lets be realistic about this: by normal standards of guitar playing, Canon Rock is extremely demanding. Here in the world of GT we have a habit of thinking that that kind of skill level is expected, and underselling how tricky things actually are, because we are among the people who spend our time thinking about how to reach those lofty heights. This is only exacerbated by we band of brothers being the people who know what technical heights there are to reach, and how big the gulf is between us and people like Guthrie Govan. Being able to play something like Canon Rock actually puts you in to the realms of the most skilled guitarists on Earth. Hell, even JerryC himself (and Funtwo who really popularized it) didn't play it perfectly on the recordings of them that are out there, because it's god damned difficult.

It's difficult and the kind of person who hangs around in GT doesn't really understand that, is what I'm getting at.

That said: ohjihuneaa, please don't get discouraged. You can absolutely play it if you practice and try enough, it's just that the level of skill and practice that it takes is orders of magnitude beyond what most people would consider rational.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
Quote by Billie_J
The arpeggios it has might be. Other than that, it's not that hard. It really depends on which version of it you want to play. You could simply play something easier at the arpeggio parts and then continue with the song itself.
. Seriously, nobody who could genuinely play Canon Rock would say it was "not that hard"
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Again, the parts that make the song hard are definitely the fast arpeggios. If you take a look at mattrach's version of it, he doesn't play them.

I'm not saying this song is easy, I'm saying that it's not impossible.
Billie_J
Only for most players that's not the case at all. By shred standards what you're saying might very well be true... but for normal players the large string skips in the rhythm, the fast alternate picking sections, these also present challenges.

No, it's not impossible. But calling it anything less than difficult (i.e. "not that hard") is severely mis-selling the piece.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
Quote by Zaphod_Beeblebr
Billie_J
Only for most players that's not the case at all. By shred standards what you're saying might very well be true... but for normal players the large string skips in the rhythm, the fast alternate picking sections, these also present challenges.

No, it's not impossible. But calling it anything less than difficult (i.e. "not that hard") is severely mis-selling the piece.

Well yeah, poor choice of words.

I confess.
Just a bit...think about it, you literally tried to qualify the statement by saying some bits are a bit too hard for mattrach so he leaves them out

To get to the point where Canon Rock is a realistic option you need to have put some serious hard yards into playing the guitar, possibly months but more likely years of practice.

In the greater scheme of things you can say stuff like Highway to Hell or House of the Rising Sun are easy....virtuoso flash pieces designed to run the full gamut of guitar tricks and techniques, not so much.

Serious question Billie_J - can you play Canon? I'm happy to go first and say no I can't, because it's too damn hard!
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc

steven seagull
Quote by steven seagull
Just a bit...think about it, you literally tried to qualify the statement by saying some bits are a bit too hard for mattrach so he leaves them out

To get to the point where Canon Rock is a realistic option you need to have put some serious hard yards into playing the guitar, possibly months but more likely years of practice.

In the greater scheme of things you can say stuff like Highway to Hell or House of the Rising Sun are easy....virtuoso flash pieces designed to run the full gamut of guitar tricks and techniques, not so much.

Serious question Billie_J - can you play Canon? I'm happy to go first and say no I can't, because it's too damn hard!

Mattrach's version yes. I never liked JerryC's or Funtwo's versions. Back when I first heard of the song, the JerryC's version was the first one I saw. I liked it ( OK I did like it back then) and used to listen to it many times in a row because it was EPIC. But I kind of raped everything out of that version. Then I found out mattrach's version and fell in love with it.
Last edited by Billie_J at Dec 29, 2016,
That's cool, but surely you haven't forgotten how long it took you to get to the point for you to be able to tackle something like that, never mind how long it took you to actually learn the piece itself?
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc