Hey U.G., so I'm planning on getting a new amp. I'd rather like it to be a tube/valve amp, but a good solid state is all right. I play mainly classic rock, RHCP, Strokes, Arctic Monkeys, and some blues. Also I would like something to do cleans for some John Mayer battle studies type sound. My guitars are a MiM Fender Strat and an Ibanez with 2 humbuckers. I do mostly bedroom playing but I would like to be able to jam with a drummer from time to time (don't really need the sound to clean up for the jamz). So far my options are as follow:

Used:
*Fender Superchamp XD head with a 112 cab with lil' texas eminence speaker (around 250 USD).
*Vox AC4TVH Head with a 10in matching Vox cab. 260USD
http://articulo.mercadolibre.com.mx/MLM-570906719-amplificador-vox-ac4tvh-4x12-bulbos-ccaja-_JM#D
*Vox Lil Night Train 2W with a 10in matching Vox cab. 150USD

New:
*Hotone Nano Legacy either the Purple Wind or the Diamond Mojo (I'd probably get a nice cab later on, but would be playing with headphones which I don't really mind) 100 USD
*Save up and buy a Fender Bassbreaker 7w or the 15watt combo (400 and 500 USD respectively).
*Any other options are welcomed

Thanks!
I'm not sure 2W amp with a 10in speaker will handle any drummer.

I'd personally save up a couple hundred more and get a Jet City amp. That's a lot of amp for the money.
www.facebook.com/yourbadinfluence
I did look to Jet City but couldn't find one where I live. If we were to ignore the drummer bit what would you recommend?
raul.arodriguezr I'm not the the right person to answer that question. I like 40W+ larger output transformer tube amps with 2x12 closed back cabs. I also stay away from EL-84s since they sound thin to me. The smallest/cheapest amp I'd recommend is a Marshall DSL40C with the cream back speaker upgrade option.
www.facebook.com/yourbadinfluence
A'right, thanks anyway. If I had the money for a DSL40 xD I did found a JMP1 and I rather liked the demos, have yet to find one on a store. If anyone is reading this, disregard the drum thing. Thanks!
maybe a used orange tiny terror combo? i dont' know what they fetch where you are though i think they have gone down a fair bit in price.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Log off and play yer guitar!

Strap on, tune up, rock out!
The Tiny Terrors are a bit expensive here, but I did found some used MicroTerrors for a decent prize, but still had to get the cabinte. Not sure if something like the egnater tweaker 112 or the bassbreaker 112 cabinets might be good, though. I'll see if I can find some Carvins. Thanks!
some type of vox maybe used ac15
Ibanez Rg 321mh
Squier Classic Vibe 1970s Precision Bass
Guitar Rig 5
Presonus Audiobox
Behringer Truth B2030A
Looks like you have up to $500 to work with if you save up a bit, is that correct? Also, you said you couldn't find Jet City where you live. Where is that?

Finally, RHCP, The Strokes, and Arctic Monkeys are all pretty different sounds. Pretty sure it's a Marshall Jubilee, a Fender Hot Rod, and Vox AC30s all being compared there. Ultimately, it sounds like you just want an amp with a solid mid-gain sound. Saving for that Fender Bassbreaker might be a good idea, or trying to pick up a Vox AC15 or a Peavey Classic 30 might be a good bet.

I say, save your money and buy something that you're going to keep for a little while, and not just a quick fix.
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Highway One Telecaster
Dean Evo
Mesa F-50
Laney GH50L
Vox AC30 C2
Ampeg V2
pedals
i thought the arctic monkeys used oranges sometimes? maybe that's just in the videos

but yeah something with a good mid-gain sound is likely the thing, i agree.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Just found a Marshall Class 5 for around $375USD and a Blackstar HT5R combo for 250USD. I think either of those might fit the bill, but not sure which might be right. The Blackstar seems more versatile and has FX loop and reverb, but from the reviews I've heard I like the Marshall's tone better. I'd be ordering them online so I cant really test them to see which I like better. Any thoughts? thanks for all the feedback/thoughts

I've also seen the Bassbreaker 007 and the 15, but for the features/price difference I think the 15watter might be a better fit (reverb, 12in speaker and fx loop [not a deciding factor, but considering I'm gonna stick with any of the amps for a while, I think it would be nice to have, unless there isn't any really issues to plugging straight up front), but not sure. Any opinion on the Class 5, Blackstar or either of the Fender ones?

Edit: I live in Guadalajara, Mexico.
Last edited by raul.arodriguezr at Dec 30, 2016,
5 watts might be doable depending on how hard your drummer hits or if you're mic'd up. I'd go for a higher wattage, but that's just me.
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Highway One Telecaster
Dean Evo
Mesa F-50
Laney GH50L
Vox AC30 C2
Ampeg V2
pedals
Just found out my drummer friend is moving away, so I guess the jamming won't be so important =(
I think I narrowed my search between the Marshall Class 5 and the Bassbreaker, either the 7 or 15 watt. Any suggestions?
diabolical Too loud for bedroom play? How well does it takes pedals? And how good does it sound with headphones? I'm one step from buying the damn thing 'cuz on the demoes it sounds amazing!
i haven't tried the class 5, but anything without a master volume, even at 5 watts, is going to be too loud for home playing if you want to crank it to get tube distortion. if you're ok with using pedals, though, it would likely be fine (assuming it takes pedals well, which i don't know as i haven't tried it).
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?