What's up, Im looking to get a Flying V soon so I've been searching around. I've noticed a lot of the older models(70s or 80s I think) are strung through the body with a very dope looking metal guard in a v shape. I've also noticed that this changed at some point to a strandard bridge and some to a Floyd Rose style. The latter of the 2 is obviously much closer to my budget due to not being "vintage". If I got a new Flying V and had it strung trough the body, what would be a good price range for this kind of work? Im not looking to drop a tone of money after already spending a k on a guitar so Im trying to figured out if this modification is work it just for an older look, being as I've heard there isn't mich of a difference sound wise
I would honestly say not worth it at all. Buying an expensive guitar like a Gibson, and then paying someone to drill holes in it gets fucking expensive. That is if you care about the reputation of the handyman doing the job. I have a Jackson that looks really nice, and plays great, and it is strung through the body. It was around $400 CDN, something like that is going to be your best bet.
I started playing guitar to get far with the girls, now I play girls to get far with the guitar
^ Not to mention it'll totally kill the resale value of it.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?