Hey Fellas,

I'm going to start teaching guitar again, but differently this time. I was hoping to get some input from you, as if you were first learning to play guitar and looking for a teacher.

My plan is to lease an office or related space and teach out of there, as to avoid travel, and having people in my home. I have a few questions that I would appreciate some feedback on:

1.) Would you feel comfortable parking downtown and learning guitar in a high rise office?

2.) Would you mind paying a small fee to have free parking available during your lesson time?

3.) Would discounted guitar maintenance and repair help sell you on hiring me as a teacher?

4.) Would you prefer downtown or a place located more away from city center?

I really appreciate any feedback I can get from the community on this one. And for anyone who is wondering; the city is Calgary AB. Thanks in advance guys
I started playing guitar to get far with the girls, now I play girls to get far with the guitar
I don't know Calgary but I wouldn't go anywhere near downtown LA. Two hours of traffic each way and $1/minute to park there. Rent time in a rehearsal studio or music store where other musicians are coming and going all the time. If you are good, word will spread quickly. If you suck, work will spread quickly.
"Your sound is in your hands as much as anything. It's the way you pick, and the way you hold the guitar, more than it is the amp or the guitar you use." -- Stevie Ray Vaughan

"Anybody can play. The note is only 20 percent. The attitude of the motherfucker who plays it is 80 percent." -- Miles Davis

Guthrie on tone: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zmohdG9lLqY
I live in a small city and the rents and parking are sky high..so in my case DT is out of the question..I agree with Cajun..word of mouth is your best advertising..Prime example for me .. ted greene..worked out of a very small guitar shop in a LA suburb..had a waiting list of a couple of months..this was before he published "chord chemistry"
play well

wolf
1. No, I prefer that to letting strangers in my home.

2. Yes

3. No

4. I don't know anything about the city you're planning to teach in, so I agree with Cajun.
Quote by Jet Penguin
Theory: Not rules, just tools.

Quote by Hail
*note that by fan i mean that guy who wants his friends to know he knows this totally obscure hip band that only he knows about with 236 views on youtube. lookin' at Kev here