Usually when I play frets (on distortion into garageband with humbuckers), its just a straight, sustaining, unchanging pitch until the noise gate mutes it.
But just the 13th fret on the thinnest string (the D in CGCFAD, or "e" in standard), when I play it, it starts as how a note on the thinnest string 13th fret should sound, but quickly turns into seemingly a pinch harmonic-ish sound. Weird part is, I can barely play pinch harmonics, so I pick normally.

So is something wrong? or is this just how its supposed to sound..
Gear:
- ESP LTD MH-50
- Strandberg OS 7
- A cheap fender strat knock-off not worth naming
- Garageband
- Boss GT-1
- Potato
Quote by Tony Done
^^^ Yes. As an experiment, try raising the action a little on that string and see if it cures it. If it does, then it is very likely a high fret.

Um.. I know as far as changing strings.. How do I adjust action? If it helps, it's a FR special.
Gear:
- ESP LTD MH-50
- Strandberg OS 7
- Garageband
- Boss GT-1
- Potato
Quote by Parac
Um.. I know as far as changing strings.. How do I adjust action? If it helps, it's a FR special.

Turn bridge posts counter clockwise
Quote by Diatribes

Would you want to loosen the string first?
Quote by SovietStar
Would you want to loosen the string first?

If you are turning the screws on an individual saddle then no. If you are turning the mounting posts to raise the entire tremolo then you should absolutely be loosening the strings first or risk dulling the knife edges, especially on a Floyd Special.
"A well-wound coil is a well-wound coil regardless if it's wound with professional equipment, or if somebody's great-grandmother winds it to an old French recipe with Napoleon's modified coffee grinder and chops off the wire after a mile with an antique guillotine!"
- Bill Lawrence

Come and be with me
Live my twisted dream
Pro devoted pledge
Time for primal concrete sledge

Quote by Diatribes

Are the bridge posts the two large silver-looking screws that lets the tremolo block move/pivot?
Gear:
- ESP LTD MH-50
- Strandberg OS 7
- Garageband
- Boss GT-1
- Potato
Quote by Parac
Are the bridge posts the two large silver-looking screws that lets the tremolo block move/pivot?

The bridge posts or mounting posts are what the tremolo pivots on and what adjusts the height/action by moving the trem up or down, this is what you need to use for adjusting the action on the trem as a whole and the strings should not be under full tension during this adjustment as it is detrimental to the knife edges .

If you are wanting to adjust the height of an individual string then you will need to use a small hex key on the two screws that are located on each side of the string on that saddle, these are small screws and their will be 12 total. Minor adjustments of these will not require the strings to be slack.
"A well-wound coil is a well-wound coil regardless if it's wound with professional equipment, or if somebody's great-grandmother winds it to an old French recipe with Napoleon's modified coffee grinder and chops off the wire after a mile with an antique guillotine!"
- Bill Lawrence

Come and be with me
Live my twisted dream
Pro devoted pledge
Time for primal concrete sledge

Last edited by Evilnine at Dec 29, 2016,