Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
Last edited by Cathbard at Dec 27, 2016,
I use Sperzel locking tuners and they are great for keeping in tune. They thread through the pegs, so you don't have miles of windings. Put a little tension on the string when you lock it down and you'll be up to pitch with less than one full turn. The the turning ratio allows for quick precision tuning.
I also use sperzel tuners. I put them on all of my guitars. They hold up great.

Even my LTD brand locking tuners are excellent(look a lot like the schaller tuners).
The Grovers are plenty light
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
Thank you for your help, do you know the new Kluson Revolution machine heads?

They are light and ratio is 1:19

I've got Sperzel locking tuners on one guitar and Gotohs on another and I prefer the Sperzels by a long shot. They both work well and are excellent tuners, but the Gotohs are more of a pain to lock down. Never tried Grover, so no comment there. I highly recommend locking tuners as well.
The Grovers don't have a locking nut. You just stick the string through and start winding. After a couple of turns it locks the string and then starts tuning the post. They're brilliant.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
Grover have locking tuners.. https://www.grotro.com/Grover/2154a941-6e5d-484f-a28c-2640779e7038/LOCKING-ROTOMATICS

You could always try Gotoh locking tuners - http://www.stewmac.com/Hardware_and_Parts/Tuning_Machines/Solid_Peghead_Guitar_Tuning_Machines/Gotoh_Magnum_Lock_Trad_6_In_Line_Tuners.html
(They share almost same thing with Schaller locking tuners, where you turn the wheel to tighten and clamp on string)
I have Washburn guitars 'Maverick Series' and bass 'Bantam Series' and a few pedals and amps, but man I wish to have more patience and drive practicing my playing, if it's equal to the modding itch, then I'm golden.
Last edited by psp742 at Dec 29, 2016,
i don't like locking tuners. i have had a few different. grover IMO is the win.

i had one sperzel fail on me the locking piece in the center of the shaft got locked in with the edge of the string. i don't know how that happened, but it went in the garbage.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
Then check out Carvin premium tuners. For the money they're good.
Parker PDF30
Vox VT40+
For me it's Schaller locking tuners (Germany) heavy solid set.. Grover Rotomatic tuners (non locking just way to string lock the strings).
I have Washburn guitars 'Maverick Series' and bass 'Bantam Series' and a few pedals and amps, but man I wish to have more patience and drive practicing my playing, if it's equal to the modding itch, then I'm golden.