Hi guys,

Does anyone know how you submit a tab for an artist that hasn't yet got any tabs on UG? I'm trying to upload chords to "Diane" by Breakfast, but it talks about artist name confirmation, and doesn't move on even when I pick Breakfast from the suggestions and click save. It goes back to artist name confirmation.

Does that make sense haha?

(If this is the wrong section to post in and whatnot, apologies)

Thanks for any help! xoxo
pravster

Just typed in "Breakfast" in the artist field and the following window came up:
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Unknown artist! We were not able to find "Breakfast" artist's name in our database:

Please make sure you spelled the artist's name correctly.
Use only the original artist's name in the original language.
The letters case/capitalization should also be exactly the same as in the original.
If the band "Breakfast" really exists, please add the artist's genres.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Just follow the suggestions here and go on submitting your tab/chord sheet.
Thanks mate, I got to the same bit, but following the instructions rechanged the name of the band to "The Breakfast". It's all good now, it went through correctly somehow and got approved.
I have a related question. I found the "add tab" option and worked on my first tab. Just when submitting it, I got a prompt that I had not initialized my account using the link sent in an email. So I did that. When I got back to my tab it was gone. It had saved many times while I was working on it. But I cannot find it now and cannot even see the "add tab" option. Can I recover the tab?
Quote by thegreatsookini
I have a related question. I found the "add tab" option and worked on my first tab. Just when submitting it, I got a prompt that I had not initialized my account using the link sent in an email. So I did that. When I got back to my tab it was gone. It had saved many times while I was working on it. But I cannot find it now and cannot even see the "add tab" option. Can I recover the tab?
UG implements a soft save, so anything that involves a change in login information or browser state will erase information irrecoverably. The safest way to avoid this situation in the future is to save on your computer, ie by using a word processor!
NeoMvsEuThanks a lot for replying. It would be great if there were a warning of that kind before prompting me to update my profile. Where did the ad tab button disappear to?