I've owned several USA Jacksons in the past. And while I'm familiar with Grover Jackson, I am not familiar with his guitar line.
Anyone have any insight or experience with Grover Jackson guitars?
I just bought a USA Concorde online tonight. I'm hoping for it to be the godlike creature that my Custom Shop Rhoads was.
Last edited by Diatribes at Dec 28, 2016,
Quote by Diatribes
I am not familiar with his guitar line.

Quote by CJRocker
Japan market only Jackson from the late 90's. Pretty nice guitars.. Grover Jackson is the name of the guy who owned Jackson. There is kind of a story behind why they ended up called that (and why Japan market Jacksons of today are called Jackson STARS) but thats for another time.

That's why it hard to find info about this guitar line. But there's only positive opinions about it on forum.
There's a review on one of Jackson Stars (not much, but anyway):
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/reviews/electric_guitars/jackson_stars/rr-tn02_stb_ltd/33398
Quote by Diatribes
I just bought a USA Concorde online tonight. I'm hoping for it to be the godlike creature that my Custom Shop Rhoads was.

Grats, hope you'll enjoy it. And it'll be interesting to know your opinion about it, so, I hope, you'll make a review on it.
"A well-wound coil is a well-wound coil regardless if it's wound with professional equipment, or if somebody's great-grandmother winds it to an old French recipe with Napoleon's modified coffee grinder and chops off the wire after a mile with an antique guillotine!"
- Bill Lawrence

Come and be with me
Live my twisted dream
Pro devoted pledge
Time for primal concrete sledge

Nope. She's a USA 5 star model.
It's this exact guitar I bought, from Red Dragon Guitars, here:
http://www.reddragonguitars.com/product/gj2-guitars-made-by-grover-jackson-concorde-2016-lil-devil-red/

Being I bought her off eBay. At a ridiculous price, I emailed GJ2 with seller, serial number and pics to get verification she was the real deal.
I got a reply from Grover Jackson himself! I pasted the email reply below. How fckn cool is that???

Hi James,
Yes it is correct. Hope it brings you years of playing enjoyment.
Grover Jackson

--

GJ2 Guitars
Lake Forest CA
gj2guitars.com