okay so I go to play the video right, and it shows the first frame of the video, and the time thingy says something like 0:00/5:00 (or however long the video is)and that's it. It the time thingy doesn't change, the play bar thing doesn't move across, basically its like it freezes on the very first frame of the video. I can click like two or three seconds before the end, and then click anywhere else in the video and it will play again but then there wont be any sound.

what should I try or how do I fix this?

Im running windows 7, have all the updated drivers and what not, and this still happens to about half the videos I try to play. oh, and it only effects .flv vids.
You should ditch the player and catch up on prayer or else god is gonna damn you to hell.
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
try playing the file in both mpc and vlc instead. if the video gives you issues there, the file is probably corrupt.
O.K.

“There's never enough time to do all the nothing you want.”
~ Bill Watterson

O__o
Quote by theogonia777
You should ditch the player and catch up on prayer or else god is gonna damn you to hell.
but what if he wants to be a real player yo?
Quote by EndTheRapture51
who pays five hundred fucking dollars for a burger
...you use Real Player? Like, voluntarily?

Seek help. Might I recommend Jesus.

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Quote by Banjocal

then wat de fuq is he doing watching videos on them innanets
o()o

Quote by JamSessionFreak
yes every night of my entire life i go to bed crying because i wasnt born american
Quote by EpiExplorer
then wat de fuq is he doing watching videos on them innanets
to learn to become the real player
Quote by EndTheRapture51
who pays five hundred fucking dollars for a burger
Don't hate the player, hate The Game.

The player has nothing to do with the quality of his music.
Tiger got to hunt, bird got to fly; man got to sit and wonder, 'Why, why, why?'
Tiger got to sleep, bird got to land; man got to tell himself he understand.

What you need is a new amp
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers
There shall be a stop to this madness. The battle is not over. My tasty licks aren't going anywhere.

Quote by The_Blode
^ I've just realised if you say Simple Plan's 2011 effort "Get Your Heart On!" really fast in a Southern American accent, it sounds gross. . .like sexual gross!

Quote by Necroheadbanger
Hello.
I'm looking for professional bongo-ists and triangle-ists to make a Progressive Technical Brutal Death Metal band
(will be called AxOxJxLxAxIxVxXxUxWxZxQxUxRxWxGxJxSxAxLxKxMxNxHxUxGxAxAxWxVxCxBxZxVx)
(Don't even ask what it means)

https://soundcloud.com/95dank

Quote by Banjocal

then I guess he just wants to go to hell
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
a month ago or so, it said I needed two plugin or codecs or something, so I installed them, and then that's what started all this. if I re-install realplayer, that should fix it right?
Quote by neptune1988
a month ago or so, it said I needed two plugin or codecs or something, so I installed them, and then that's what started all this. if I re-install realplayer, that should fix it right?

why are you using realplayer? even if it's been upgraded, I'd assume it's still trash (skimming news/reviews on current version confirms this)

.flv files are generally kinda screwy in most players to begin with, just get mpc or vlc, both will have all the correct codecs and won't give you hassle.
O.K.

“There's never enough time to do all the nothing you want.”
~ Bill Watterson

O__o
Quote by theguitarist
why are you using realplayer? even if it's been upgraded, I'd assume it's still trash (skimming news/reviews on current version confirms this)

.flv files are generally kinda screwy in most players to begin with, just get mpc or vlc, both will have all the correct codecs and won't give you hassle.

yeah but he is a proud supporter of outdated things that should no longer exist like homophobia so i don't see him doing that
lmao real player
Quote by korinaflyingv
On the come up we were listening to Grateful Dead and the music started passing through my bowel and out my arsehole as this violet stream of light. I shat music. It was beautiful.
RealPlayer. Wow. I honestly had to double check to make sure this thread wasn't made ten years ago.
Quote by chrismendiola
RealPlayer. Wow. I honestly had to double check to make sure this thread wasn't made ten years ago.

+1

But VLC will fit all of your needs TS.
The content of this signature is pretty much irrelevant