I got this sweet little amp for Christmas.

I wanted a really clean amp, that takes pedals well and that's exactly what I got.

The amp is currently running 2 6L6 tubes in the power section, but it can take 6550, Kt88, KT77, KT66, EL34. Pretty much any tube except an EL84.
It runs 4 12AX7 in the preamp and 1 5AR4 in the FX Loop. It is rated at 50 watts

It has two inputs, normal and bright and there is big difference between the two. You could also use an A/B/Y to run both inputs at the same time.

It has a master volume, normal volume, bright volume, bass, mids, treble and presence.

The Back panel has the FX loop, Lineout, 6L6/EL34 selector switch, full/half/quarter power toggle and a switch for 4/8/16 OHM.

The master volume knob in the front is push/pull and controls the FX Loop on/off and the Presence knob is push/pull and controls a "no negative feedback" option, which gives a more open and less compressed tone.

The clean channel is amazing in my opinion. I didn't opt for built in reverb, but my Context reverb sounds awesome through the FX loop.

The amp takes pedals amazingly well. I have a couple of OD pedals and a few Fuzz pedals that sound fantastic through it.

I am currently running it through a Mesa 2X12 with an Eminence Swamp Thang and a Jensen Electric lighting.

I really couldn't be happier with the amp.

I'll be working on a more detailed review for the review section here in the next day or so.
Looks cool! What's the angle? Super clean, bluesy, Marshally, etc.
I'm just a kickin' and a gougin' in the mud and the blood and the beer.
The normal input is based off a fender tweed and the bright is based off a Plexi. It is super clean, but with the master you can get some break up. It takes pedals extremely well. Great low end response and very dynamic tone.

I kind of suck at describing tones, so you'll have to forgive me on that.
Sounds like a cool amp. I bet it sounds awesome through those Eminence speakers.
Yeah, it sounds great. It's scary as hell to throw out 800 bucks on an amp you can't try. I talked with the Jim through email and explained what I wanted and he said the SD would be the one. I took the chance and I'm glad I did.
I live out in the boondocks, everything I buy is a shot in the dark
^ haha, me too (to a certain extent anyway)

sweet amp, that sounds like not a bad price either.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Dave_Mc
^ haha, me too (to a certain extent anyway)

sweet amp, that sounds like not a bad price either.

Yeah Dave. It's a lot of amp for the price. when I was shopping around trying to decide what to get. I was looking at Rivera, Victory, Fender, good cleans and would take pedals. This just has more features and is handwired and hundreds less than the others.
never heard of it but looks real nice. enjoy . sound clips would be cool to hear
Quote by Grawgos
Yeah Dave. It's a lot of amp for the price. when I was shopping around trying to decide what to get. I was looking at Rivera, Victory, Fender, good cleans and would take pedals. This just has more features and is handwired and hundreds less than the others.

Yeah I have a vague recollection of coming across them a while back and thinking the prices were pretty reasonable, but being in the USA it would've cost a lot more to get one to Europe
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by monwobobbo
never heard of it but looks real nice. enjoy . sound clips would be cool to hear

I can try to do a clip at some point, but it will be a shitty iPhone recording. I don't have anything else to record with.
HNAD
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
Thanks Cath.

Quote by monwobobbo

Ok, here is a quick clip of me just messing around. It starts on "normal" input neck pup, goes to bridge pup, "bright" input bridge pup, then neck pup.
No making fun of me. Remember this was just a crappy iPhone, so it doesn't really do it justice.
Last edited by Grawgos at Dec 29, 2016,
Quote by Grawgos
Thanks Cath.

Ok, here is a quick clip of me just messing around. It starts on "normal" input neck pup, goes to bridge pup, "bright" input bridge pup, then neck pup.
No making fun of me. Remember this was just a crappy iPhone, so it doesn't really do it justice.

I wouldn't make fun of a fellow Re-Animator fan (ok maybe a little but not this time). sounded good even with the "crappy I phone". so I imagine it must sound great in person.
nice
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Very nice! sounds great to me.
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
Unrelated, but how's the Stiff amp?
sounds great! HNAD!
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
Quote by dementiacaptain
Unrelated, but how's the Stiff amp?

The stiff amp is pretty dam good for metal, but it totally hates pedals. It's basically a slightly modified Krank, so its got that Krank vibe to it. I usually only play it for straight up plug and play metal type stuff.