Hey guys, the other day I played one of the most beautiful playing and sounding guitars I've ever played and I want to buy it from my friend, but I want to know a little bit more about the guitar before I do.

It's a PRS, and we're pretty sure it's a 2009 model, but we don't know the exact model.
The serial is 09152894 and there is a '10' in the top right corner of the back of the headstock, which I think may be the number of the limited release?

My friend thinks he paid about $2200 for it, but that the original sticker price was close to $4000 (he bought a lot of guitars at once, so he got a mad discount)

Here's a link to an imgur album with a few pictures: http://imgur.com/a/5xTuH

Thanks!
the hand painted serial number plus the 10 suggest that it is a limited edition model. contact PRS I'm sure they can give you full details.
Serial numbers in that era (and newer) are all hand painted on the back of the headstock for the set neck models. The 10 means it's a "10 top", or selected higher grade figure for the maple cap. 09 at the beginning of the serial does mean 2009. The rest of the serial number simply indicates the number of manufacture in that year. From the photo, it appears to be a Custom 22. Lovely guitar.
Various Strats
PRS SC245 (2007)
Fessenden SD-10 pedal steel
Koch Studiotone XL
Mesa Boogie Express 5:25+
1958 National lap steel
Eastman El Rey 1
Last edited by Vulcan at Dec 28, 2016,
Quote by Vulcan
Serial numbers in that era (and newer) are all hand painted on the back of the headstock for the set neck models. The 10 means it's a "10 top", or selected higher grade figure for the maple cap. 09 at the beginning of the serial does mean 2009. The rest of the serial number simply indicates the number of manufacture in that year. The specific model could easily be determined from a photo.

that's what I get for not doing my homework. totally forgot that the US models have painted on serial numbers.
Quote by monwobobbo
Thread was moved to forum: Electric Guitar

My post was edited after you quoted me to include the specific model.
Various Strats
PRS SC245 (2007)
Fessenden SD-10 pedal steel
Koch Studiotone XL
Mesa Boogie Express 5:25+
1958 National lap steel
Eastman El Rey 1
Quote by Vulcan
My post was edited after you quoted me to include the specific model.

doesn't make me any less of a dumbass. but thanx. at last the OP now has some solid info
Just call PRS CS. Give them the serial number and they will confirm its model.
My guess... 2009 Custom 22 10 top (like Vulcan). Nice guitar.
--- Joe ---
77 Bradley LPC || 07 PRS CE22 || 11 PRS MC58 Artist || 95/02 Fender Strat || 99 Gibson LP DC Std Lite
06 Ovation Elite-T || 12 Martin GPCPA4
Boss GT100 || Peavey Stereo Chorus 400 || Peavey Bandit 75 || Roland JC77
yep, it's an '09 custom 22, 10 top with blade switch option. (rotary pup selector would have been the stock option) nice guitar for sure.
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
As an update, here is the reply from PRS Customer service.

Your guitar SN # 09 152894 appears to be a 2009 Custom 22 with a 10 grade maple top. A wide fat carve rosewood neck and fretboard with bird inlays. A solid mahogany body with a stoptail bridge and nickel hardware. HFS treble and Vintage bass pickups with a 5 way bladeswitch . Finished in Fire Red.

By the way I bought it.
The sound on this thing is insane.
Congrats... she is a pretty one!
--- Joe ---
77 Bradley LPC || 07 PRS CE22 || 11 PRS MC58 Artist || 95/02 Fender Strat || 99 Gibson LP DC Std Lite
06 Ovation Elite-T || 12 Martin GPCPA4
Boss GT100 || Peavey Stereo Chorus 400 || Peavey Bandit 75 || Roland JC77
danielwewo wow congrats! that's a hella nice guitar.

edit: HFS Treble and Bass? that's custom 24 pick ups, i thought 22's had dragons? that's even better for you imo.
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
Last edited by gregs1020 at Jan 5, 2017,