I recently went to Guitar Center and picked up a Vox wah. However, when I get home, it doesn't seem to work. I plug everything in correctly, turn it on, but I only hear a clean guitar sound. There is no distortion going on. I opened it up, nothing seems out of place or wrong. Also, not sure if this is relevant, but I realized that I can still play through it even when there is no battery inside and not plugged in -- Capacitors? Either way, help would be appreciated.
Last edited by tmcginzie at Dec 28, 2016,
true bypass will allow you to play thru it with no battery but the effect won't work. needs a battery to work so is that th issue?
monwobobbo I plug it into the wall and have used the battery. Both at the same time actually. It's killing me 'cause I REALLY want to play with it!

EDIT: Never-mind it works all of a sudden! Praise-Kek!
Last edited by tmcginzie at Dec 28, 2016,
Ha... I just did a quick signup because I saw your problem. When I bought mine, the same happened to me. So I looked closely all over and one of the wires on the pot was disconnect and barely touching. The problem is some of those are wired with a short wire and such tension to the pot that when you step on the pedal it tugs the wire... eventually coming loose. Easy fix with a soldering iron, if that is what your issue is. If it is indeed a loose wire, you may be getting lucky with it touching at the moment. If not ignore this.

-Cheers, good luck[
Last edited by ImprovReply at Dec 31, 2016,