How many of you guys just do that + cable internet instead of regular television? I pay $120/month on TV alone & I am thinking about making the switch to Netflix instead & pocketing the cash.
Some see the glass half full, others see the glass half empty. Me? I see that the glass is refillable.
my mom's about to cancel cable.

she's the only one that actually watches regular tv and it's just reruns of bad sitcoms while she browses facebook on her phone.
mugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmug
I download stuff and Netflix. I haven't watched Free to air TV in ages, barring the occasional show that a friend will message me to put on just for shits and gigs.
Come back if you want to
And remember who you are
‘Cause there's nothing here for you my dear
And everything must pass
Quote by jakesmellspoo
my mom's about to cancel cable.

she's the only one that actually watches regular tv and it's just reruns of bad sitcoms while she browses facebook on her phone.

Well, I watch some cable. Mainly the news, football & Walking Dead. That's it though. And the Walking Dead I can get on Netflix. Football wise, I am a Bills fan, it's been 17 years since we made the playoffs so I think I can do without it. Fox News would be the only station I would really miss.
Some see the glass half full, others see the glass half empty. Me? I see that the glass is refillable.
when I get my own place I won't even have a TV. If I can, I'll route it all through my laptop. Only concern is batteries on laptops sucking ass.
Quote by EndTheRapture51
who pays five hundred fucking dollars for a burger
Quote by Banjocal
when I get my own place I won't even have a TV. If I can, I'll route it all through my laptop. Only concern is batteries on laptops sucking ass.

Yeah, laptops are fun but I want one of those curved smart tvs. My mom has one & she does her youtube & netflix through that.
We went Netflix and internet only about a year ago after lots of rate increase snafus with Comcast. I love the fact that I pay less than half what I was for internet and "TV", sometimes I have trouble finding something to watch on Netflix. Might get rid of Netflix and switch to Hulu for awhile.
"Social correctness has traditionally had nothing whatever to do with reason, logic, or physics. In fact, in England it is generally considered socially incorrect to know stuff or think about things."
-Douglas Adams
Tell me more about Hulu.
NewDayHappy

lots of tv shows, much more recent than netflix. can also subscribe to showtime (athough i'm kinda depressed b/c i subscribed for this season's Shameless which turned out sucking for the most part). also netflix doesn't have rick & morty- instant turnoff.
We don't pay for cable TV. It's just not worth the money with all the online options. Sports are the only thing I miss.
Death to Ovation haters!
Quote by Dregen
NewDayHappy

lots of tv shows, much more recent than netflix. can also subscribe to showtime (athough i'm kinda depressed b/c i subscribed for this season's Shameless which turned out sucking for the most part). also netflix doesn't have rick & morty- instant turnoff.

They seem to have all the shows that I want to watch: Dexter, Dragon Ball Z, Walking Dead & Sons of Anarchy. That should keep me busy for months.
you know what's free and unlimited?

your imagination

Quote by Pastafarian96
I an evety characyer in this story
Netflix is good but once you have seen it you have seen it. They update it every now and then but not often enough for you to use it as your single source of entertainment, unless you only watch it maybe every other day. I don't think most people sit in front of Netflix for 4-5 hours a day.
i pretty much use netflix to watch Arrested Development, The Office, Futurama, and It's Always Sunny over and over again.

waiting for them to put up Better Call Saul season 2 so i can catch up.

Quote by Random3
I don't think most people sit in front of Netflix for 4-5 hours a day.

the one thing netflix desperately needs is a way to make playlists or shuffle tv episodes.
mugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmug
Last edited by jakesmellspoo at Dec 28, 2016,
I haven't had cable for a LONG time. But I also cut out Netflix over the summer. Netflix has gradually shifted from being an aggregate content source to becoming their own provider channel, meaning their general selection is becoming smaller and smaller. This isn't just my observation, it's documented in plenty of news sources.

I just use Amazon Prime now, which has a growing selection and I find it easier to choose things that are actually good. Netflix's problem was always a ton of horrendous films even when the selection was large.

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Use PlayStation Vue which is 35 a month and gets me pretty much any channel I want including all the main sports stations.
Netflix is pretty good, but the Australian content can be absolute garbage. When I first signed up it seemed they were adding new stuff all the time, now its really slowed. If it keeps slowing I may just cancel my subscription and move to Stan or Hulu.
Come back if you want to
And remember who you are
‘Cause there's nothing here for you my dear
And everything must pass
Just cancelled television. Time Warner has the worst customer service on the planet, they're lucky I don't drop them completely.
NewDayHappy
I have been strictly streaming for years, and I would never go back -- TV is lame as well as expensive, IMHO :-P. I use a Roku (no smart TV yet...), and stream Netflix, Amazon, VidAngel, YouTube, etc, for pennies.
No cable / dish, and I don't even pay for Netflix I just use my friends account on my PS4 lol

Just full torrent everything tv series, movies, etc. save money id rather spend on actual entertainment like videogames
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers
There shall be a stop to this madness. The battle is not over. My tasty licks aren't going anywhere.

Quote by The_Blode
^ I've just realised if you say Simple Plan's 2011 effort "Get Your Heart On!" really fast in a Southern American accent, it sounds gross. . .like sexual gross!

Quote by Necroheadbanger
Hello.
I'm looking for professional bongo-ists and triangle-ists to make a Progressive Technical Brutal Death Metal band
(will be called AxOxJxLxAxIxVxXxUxWxZxQxUxRxWxGxJxSxAxLxKxMxNxHxUxGxAxAxWxVxCxBxZxVx)
(Don't even ask what it means)

https://soundcloud.com/95dank

Quote by jeffcj
NewDayHappy
I have been strictly streaming for years, and I would never go back -- TV is lame as well as expensive, IMHO :-P. I use a Roku (no smart TV yet...), and stream Netflix, Amazon, VidAngel, YouTube, etc, for pennies.

My mom & my sister both told me about Roku. That would save me another $40/month. I think I am going to do that then.
I'm back home rn so I'm just mooching off my parents cable & internet. (I'm also just mooching off my family's netflix account.)
but at my last place I did cable + internet 'cuz there was some dumb promo deal where that was cheaper than just internet for 12 months or something, unless I wanted bullshit internet. didn't get certain channels though -- like AMC -- so I had to stream the last season of Mad Men via sub-legal sources.

debating getting filmstruck, but wondering if it is worth it vs. just renting stuff from the public library/amazon prime + buying films I really want???
advice???
I think last time I paid for internet/tv, it was 35 Euros per month for the both (and that was a pretty good internet connection as well), but my landlord has been paying for both for the past year
Do have Netflix at the moment. Plenty of stuff to watch as far as I'm concerned, but I don't watch as many movies/shows as I used to.
Cable TV is like going to a restaurant and paying $200 a month for a plate of horseshit.
I only use cable. I watch TV a lot but I'm not really dedicated to specific shows or channels so cable with zillions of channels works well for me. Most Netflix originals don't appeal to me. I have Amazon Prime but haven't used it for watching shows yet so I might try it out at some point.
cat
The only reason I still have cable is sports otherwise I barely watch it
'93 Gibson LP Studio (498T/490R)-Ebony
'14 Gibson LP Standard (JB/Jazz)-Ocean Water Perimeter
Epi MKH LP Custom-7 (SD Custom Shop JB-7)-Ebony
+More

Maxon od808|Boss NS-2|Boss CE-5|
Line6 G55|Korg Pitchblack Pro

JVM 210h|1960a(V30/G12t-75)
The only thing I used to watch on TV was the food network so yeah... Cut that cord.
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
Quote by CaptainCanti
i got a roku so i get netflix + some cable tv just with wifi
crack that shit and get free illegal movies.
Quote by jakesmellspoo
crack that shit and get free illegal movies.

thats what putlocker is for
¯\_()_/¯
Why would you pay to be subjected to advertising? Just plug an antenna in to the tv and watch for free and pocket all the cash. Since the cash comes from your pocket anyway why would you feel so satisfied by taking it out and then putting it back in? Just leave it there.
Last edited by geo-rage at Dec 29, 2016,
geo-rage

Hulu is only like $8 a month and I'm definitely positive it is better than an antenna.

Hey, I get FOX News & the football channels along with a library full of my favorite movies & TV shows.
I remember when hulu was free, like tv. Fox news! Ive seen it desteoy people's minds and ruin their lives. That and advertising are steps to mass hypnosis. You cant resist paying for tv. Its like you are compelled.