I learned to play electric on a Strat copy that I assumed was an Ibanez, because it came to me in an Ibanez gig bag and the messed-up logo looks like it might have once been the old Ibanez logo. From what I've been able to find out, though, it doesn't seem it can be an Ibanez. Were it an Ibanez, its serial number would indicate having been made in 1976 in Japan, while the plate says it was made in China and it doesn't appear to be nearly that old. What's more, I found JPEGs of a lot of old Ibanez catalogs and I can't find this headstock shape anywhere in any of them.

So, does anyone recognize this headstock shape or logo? The guitar itself is a run-of-the-mill cheap Strat copy except that its neck is very shallow, considerably flatter than even the current Fender Modern C shape (which is one of the ways it's pretty clear this guitar isn't 40 years old).

Death to Ovation haters!
Quote by PatchworkMan
So, does anyone recognize this headstock shape or logo?

I can't help you much, logo can be just shabby "Fender" like here

Give more details, like overall look, may be some outstanding characteristics.
Quote by Udjine
I can't help you much, logo can be just shabby "Fender" like here

Give more details, like overall look, may be some outstanding characteristics.

I'd thought of that, but I've never seen a Fender with a headstock shaped like that. I can take more pics, but there isn't much in the way of "outstanding characteristics". It's just a Strat clone.
Death to Ovation haters!
Quote by PatchworkMan
I'd thought of that, but I've never seen a Fender with a headstock shaped like that. I can take more pics, but there isn't much in the way of "outstanding characteristics". It's just a Strat clone.

Old style China, you never know what to expect from them)
Quote by Udjine
Old style China, you never know what to expect from them)

IIRC Fender had never made anything woth a headstock like that. Even the starter pack guitars use a traditional headatock (pre cbs or fat 70s)

Looks more like a cheapo clone to me but I could be wrong.
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
Looks more like a cheapo clone to me but I could be wrong.

That's exactly what I've meant
Quote by Udjine
That's exactly what I've meant

Okay cool, sorry for the confusion. With how it was worded it seemed like you meant that it was actually made by Fender hence my confusion and probably the other poster as well.
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.