So yes I know I keep spamming the forum with questions and stuff so I apologize for that. My question is, what are your thoughts about 7 string guitars with a floyd rose? I'm in the market for a guitar and I love playing a 7 string cause it gives me an extra string and more notes to come up with song ideas, but at the same time I really want a guitar with a floyd rose. I have had both types of guitar in the past so I'm familiar with setting up a floyd rose, but is it better to have a 7 string with a floyd rose, or have a 7 string with a fixed bridge, OR have a six string with a floyd? What do you perfer and what do you find more useful in terms of recording, songwriting, and gigging?
Honestly, the extra notes won't give you more song ideas. But if you really want a seven with a Floyd (or a Kahler, for that matter), check out Carvin and Rondo Music, both of which have those guitars available. In addition, both have multi-scale seven-string (fan-fret) guitars (with trems) available as well.

My most useful guitar for recording, songwriting and gigging would have to be the Variax JTV-89F. It's the only six string Variax with a Floyd. Not only does it model standard guitars (LP, tele, strat, 335, etc.), but it will also model acoustic guitars, 12-strings, an electric sitar and more. In addition, it will allow you to play in a huge variety of alternate tunings, including open tunings, down tunings, Baritone and even bass registers. You can extend the range of the guitar by tuning the strings to fifth intervals, etc. thus getting "more notes."

There's more. Coupled with an HD500X Pod or a Helix, you can change whole rigs (including alternate tunings and FX) in a single stomp. You can even assign FX controls to the knobs on the guitar (which allows you to produce some stunning sounds).

Oh, and the guitar itself ain't bad, with slightly hot James Tyler pickups, a Graphtech LB63 (Floyd Rose OFR with Graphtech Ghost piezos), a 25.5" scale, 24 jumbo frets, a 16" radius wide/thin neck, glossy mahogany body and a matte-finish maple neck.
dspellman I see, well I'm just looking for a traditional guitar, not really interested in any Variax or line 6 products. I am aware of agile guitars but I've heard mixed reviews and the production on them isn't consistant. I do have 7 string experience but I was just wondering if a 7 string with a floyd is better than a 7 string with a fixed bridge or a 6 string with a floyd. No fancy weird technology. Thank you for your suggestion. But with Carvin guitars, I've only ever seen them for like $1500 or more and I'm looking for anything under $700. Any suggestions with Carvin/Kiesel guitars in the price range?
maddnessgame

A 7 with a Floyd is not going to be better or worse than a 6 with a Floyd or even a 7 with a tail piece it is all a matter of preference.

If you play mostly 7 strings and want a Floyd then go for it, if you play 6 strings equally it may be a better idea to get a hard tail 7 just for the ease of quick tuning if you are into alternate tunings. It really just matters how much you play a 7, how likely you would be to use alternate tunings on the 7 and or if you would really use the Floyd regularly on the 7.

I have one 7 string and its a hard tail but I am a 6 string guy and most of my sixers have Floyds or Kahlers.
"A well-wound coil is a well-wound coil regardless if it's wound with professional equipment, or if somebody's great-grandmother winds it to an old French recipe with Napoleon's modified coffee grinder and chops off the wire after a mile with an antique guillotine!"
- Bill Lawrence

Come and be with me
Live my twisted dream
Pro devoted pledge
Time for primal concrete sledge

Evilnine Okay thank you. I have a 7 string ibanez that has a tremelo but it's blocked off so I could use that for alternate tunings. Thank you for the input!
maddnessgame Unblock it then you will have the Floyd you want and you can buy a tail piece guitar which will be cheaper than a tremolo equipped model.
"A well-wound coil is a well-wound coil regardless if it's wound with professional equipment, or if somebody's great-grandmother winds it to an old French recipe with Napoleon's modified coffee grinder and chops off the wire after a mile with an antique guillotine!"
- Bill Lawrence

Come and be with me
Live my twisted dream
Pro devoted pledge
Time for primal concrete sledge