Hello
I am looking for a new guitar(i won't buy it straight away beacuse I don't have a whole lotta money)
I have played guitar for appox. 3.5 years now and i own a Ibanez grg150dxb if you ask me for the money its a really good guitar even my friend who owns a deluxe usa strat said for the money it's killer. That was 2 years ago.And now im looking for a new guitar.I play all genres mostly metal(iron maiden,metallica,skidrow,a7x...) and blues(SRV,B.B.King,Clapton...)and alot of dire straits. beacuse the ibanez has 2 humbuckers I feel like a strat would be appropriate for me beacuse for blues like srv i really don't get the kind of sound and I know SRV said that it doesn't matter what gear you use and I tottaly agree but for playing clapton songs and dire straits I think that a strat would be appropriate.

So I was thinking of this one http://shop.fender.com/en-SI/electric-guitars/stratocaster/american-special-stratocaster/0115600303.html#start=1
Im not going to buy a new one.In my area there is a guy that i know who is selling the exact one for 800eur

Also I saw a used one Custom shop designed 50s player stratocaster built by Master Builder Dennis Galuszka its a MiM
http://www.bolha.com/glasbila-glasbena-oprema/glasbila/brenkala/elektricne-kitare/fender-custom-shop-designed-classic-player-50s-stratocaster-1308653199.html
here is the link if anything helps you

or maybe can someone recommend me some other brands
All help is welcome
''Steve vai plays a million notes per second
He has no feel''
An SSS Strat will work for metal but if you play mostly metal you'll probably want something with humbuckers look into Jackson, Ibanez, LTD, Schecter these manufacturers all make guitars that are well suited for playing metal, also consider if you want to have a flosting tremolo as they can be a hassle to tune etc. and may not be worth it if you will not be using it much. Also consider that you will be able to get more guitar for your money if you buy used.

Something with an HSS configuration sounds like would be right up your alley.

Location?

Budget?

What amp are you playing through?

Are you willing to buy used?
"A well-wound coil is a well-wound coil regardless if it's wound with professional equipment, or if somebody's great-grandmother winds it to an old French recipe with Napoleon's modified coffee grinder and chops off the wire after a mile with an antique guillotine!"
- Bill Lawrence

Come and be with me
Live my twisted dream
Pro devoted pledge
Time for primal concrete sledge

if you're playing a lot of metal as well i'd say HSS might be a better idea.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
If you play metal then u shouldnt get a Strat because strats can't really play metal. You should get something with a humbucker and a whammy bar if you want to play metal. I think Ibanez and Schecter are the best for metal especially if you can get one with EMGs because those are the best pickups for metal
Thanks everybody for the replys and you have helped me alot.By myself i'd never think about the HSS strat,Im going to look at more HSS's now and try them out and also Ibanez's higher class guitars beacuse my dad owned a killer ibanez rgr220dx he could help me alot.But I heard that some floating tremolos are a just a pile of you know what.Which ibanez guitars have a good sound to them and don't go out of tune with just 1 bar dive.I'm looking for something around 500-1000
He has no feel''
Evilnine I'm playing trough a nux mighty 30x it's a digital bedroom amp since i' not gigging much(maybe every so often) .It works kinda well for the price.I also have a boss GT-6(it's my dad's)
I currently have a budget of around 500-1000
I'm willing to buy used
For location i don't know if u mean my country but if you do im from Slovenia
He has no feel''
Don't rule out a Variax. They pretty much do anything and can be had at a good price used.
Dean Icon PZ
Line 6 Variax 700
Dean V-Wing
Dean ML 79 SilverBurst
MXR M 108
H2O Chorus/Echo
Valve Junior (V3 Head/Cab and Combo)
VHT Special 6
Phonic 620 Power Pod PA
Wampler Super Plextortion
Line 6 Pod HD
Quote by MetalShredder98
If you play metal then u shouldnt get a Strat because strats can't really play metal

You can absolutely play metal with a Strat especially if you have the HSS configuration, but SSS will work as well maybe not optimum but it will work.

Mr. Malmsteen seems to get some pretty metal sounding riffs from his SSS Strat.
"A well-wound coil is a well-wound coil regardless if it's wound with professional equipment, or if somebody's great-grandmother winds it to an old French recipe with Napoleon's modified coffee grinder and chops off the wire after a mile with an antique guillotine!"
- Bill Lawrence

Come and be with me
Live my twisted dream
Pro devoted pledge

Quote by Evilnine
You can absolutely play metal with a Strat especially if you have the HSS configuration, but SSS will work as well maybe not optimum but it will work.

Mr. Malmsteen seems to get some pretty metal sounding riffs from his SSS Strat.

yeah but he had scalloped frets on his strats which you can't do with metal guitars so he played fenders
scott58 Never heard of them but as I looked them up I liked them but the problem is that there are two electrics selling in my country and they have the moddeling stuff which I kinda dislike i'm more for the old stuff(I would buy a tube amp but the amp was kinda a rush buying an amp and me and my dad split the chec,my dad had a dsl40c but had to sell it beacuse he had to buy a car) but I will definitly try them out when if I have a chace
He has no feel''
Quote by MetalShredder98
yeah but he had scalloped frets on his strats which you can't do with metal guitars so he played fenders

What?
Bass Gear:

Mensinger: Speesy
Fender Precision 1989 (CIJ Rosewood)
Fender Steve Harris (CIJ)
Lakland J Sonic 5
Epiphone Explorer
Maruszczyk (custom) Jake

Ashdown CTM 100
Quote by MetalShredder98

Ok I'll bite whay can't you scallop the frets on a metal guitar?

The scalloped frets make the guitar easier to bend notes on and have nothing to do with his tone.

FWIW Malmsteen played strats because two of his idols played them Hendrix and Blackmore.
- Bill Lawrence

Come and be with me
Live my twisted dream
Pro devoted pledge

Last edited by Evilnine at Dec 30, 2016,
Personally, if you want to play metal, you should stay the hell away from a stratocaster. Yes, it can do it, but for that money? I'd get an ESP/LTD or Jackson with that kind of cash.

Let me throw one more name out there, Charvel San Dimas. Look into them, killer guitars. They carry them both with and without a trem. I think a guitar like that would knock your socks off.
Some see the glass half full, others see the glass half empty. Me? I see that the glass is refillable.
Last edited by NewDayHappy at Dec 31, 2016,
Quote by MetalShredder98

You can scallop the frets on any guitar, but more to the point it makes absolutely no difference to the sound - it's purely a playability thing.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Quote by MetalShredder98
If you play metal then u shouldnt get a Strat because strats can't really play metal. You should get something with a humbucker and a whammy bar if you want to play metal. I think Ibanez and Schecter are the best for metal especially if you can get one with EMGs because those are the best pickups for metal
wow. a lot of opinions in this post that aren't completely valid facts.

sure humbuckers are more ideal for metal, but why suggest a whammy bar just because he's playing metal? and saying EMGs are the best pickups for metal isn't necessarily wrong, but considering that's just the brand and they have numerous different kinds of pickups makes it a bit of an open-ended statement.
[img]http://cdn.gs.uproxx.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/v.gif[/img]
If you're open to something used, look for something like the (discontinued) Godin Velocity. Made in Canada, HSS, and their HDR* system make for a nifty &a unusual shredder's axe.
https://reverb.com/item/989749-godin-velocity-amber-flame-6-string-electric-guitar-with-high-definition-revoicer-and-new-soft-case
http://www.ebay.com/itm/GODIN-VELOCITY-S-TYPE-GUITAR-Excellent-Condition-/152383210452?hash=item237abf43d4:g:OjMAAOSw2xRYbVra

Other Godins might work for you as well. The Freeway SA is HSH, as is the xtSA (a Les Paul bodied axe). Godin's discontinued Redline products had hot passive HH & EMG models.

* High Definition Revoicer: lets the guitar go from passive tones to active ones at the flip of a switch,
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Log off and play yer guitar!

Strap on, tune up, rock out!
Quote by dannyalcatraz

* High Definition Revoicer: lets the guitar go from passive tones to active ones at the flip of a switch,

I don't know how that works, but is sounds similar to the Blade VSC system - which switches between passive, mid boost and mid cut. The amount of cut and boost is adjustable via bass, middle and treble trimpots. I had a Blade tele with that system, and would recommend them as another option in that Godin style.
Quote by JAHellraiser
wow. a lot of opinions in this post that aren't completely valid facts.

sure humbuckers are more ideal for metal, but why suggest a whammy bar just because he's playing metal? and saying EMGs are the best pickups for metal isn't necessarily wrong, but considering that's just the brand and they have numerous different kinds of pickups makes it a bit of an open-ended statement.

agree. you can play metal with an SSS strat. stock pickups aren't ideal but there are other (still single cold) pickups you can put in that will work better. chck the link in my profile and check out my tune Valley Of Gwangi. metal and sone with a strat.
Quote by Tony Done
I don't know how that works, but is sounds similar to the Blade VSC system - which switches between passive, mid boost and mid cut. The amount of cut and boost is adjustable via bass, middle and treble trimpots. I had a Blade tele with that system, and would recommend them as another option in that Godin style.

Yeah, and Blades are nice.
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Thus, I refute MetalShredder98