iv been trying to form a hard rock/metal band for over a year now,i used to play in a few different bands through school and college and i want to get back in the live game on a serious/professional level but i m having trouble finding other members who in the same mind set and are willing to commit could anyone here give me any advice on how i could find other members and hopefully get a band of the ground thank you?
one man band

i swear the novelty doesn't wear off within 5 seconds
mugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmug
you need to put yourself out there more and be a solo act, and go to events and meet musicians
"I specialize in driving a set like I'm driving a Lexus" - Uncle Mez
If you are writing classifieds with that grammar you ain't gonna get shit.
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
Laid-to-waste's advice + don't try to specify your sound too much until you get to jam with prospective joiners, or it'll turn them off.
Last edited by Spinnerweb at Dec 29, 2016,
Play doh
"Social correctness has traditionally had nothing whatever to do with reason, logic, or physics. In fact, in England it is generally considered socially incorrect to know stuff or think about things."
-Douglas Adams
I've seen quite a few guys just go to local shows in the genre a bunch and just being friendly with everyone, usually find out about bands who need someone or end up starting something new with some people. network and shit.

if you're really good you can do the solo act thing and people might jump on board eventually, I know a few guys who are very good guitar players but just started with a drum track on an ipod and impressed enough that people would want to jam with them.
O.K.

“There's never enough time to do all the nothing you want.”
~ Bill Watterson

O__o
place rubber sap into long thin reservoir

heat treat rubber and thin

attach at one end into loop with heat

band
Quote by EndTheRapture51
who pays five hundred fucking dollars for a burger
They need to do way instain musicians> who kill thier bands. becuse these bands cant frigth back? it was on the news this mroing a musican ar who had kill her three bnd mates. they are taking the three bamd back to new york too lady to rest my pary are with the man who lost his band ; i am truley sorry for your lots
Last edited by chrismendiola at Dec 29, 2016,
Quote by Banjocal
place rubber sap into long thin reservoir

heat treat rubber and thin

attach at one end into loop with heat

band

I thought rubber bands were just extruded tubes that are then sliced.
O.K.

~ Bill Watterson

O__o
Quote by theguitarist
I thought rubber bands were just extruded tubes that are then sliced.
fuck off with this "Fact" bullshit who am i a science guy?
Quote by EndTheRapture51
Quote by Banjocal
fuck off with this "Fact" bullshit who am i a science guy?

Idk? are you?

how should I know?
O.K.

~ Bill Watterson

O__o
Quote by theguitarist
Idk? are you?

how should I know?
oh, you should.
Quote by EndTheRapture51
Quote by Banjocal
oh, you should.

he didn't ask if he should

he asked how should he

learn to read asshole
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
Quote by theogonia777
he didn't ask if he should

he asked how should he

learn to read asshole
Is asshole more or less difficult to read than Arabic?

Asking for a friend.
Quote by Diemon Dave
Don't go ninjerin nobody don't need ninjerin'
She hates comma splices so much that she never uses commas to avoid the possibility of making that mistake.
Quote by chrismendiola
She hates comma splices so much that she never uses commas to avoid the possibility of making that mistake.

they killed Steve McNair okay but I never make comma splices ever
Best way to do it is to go to shows and get to know people in the band. There's always other musicians at shows.
Quote by JD Close
Piano dick had some good parts, but should have said "As the business man slowly gets boned", would have accented the whole dick feeling of the album
Go to guitar shops and practice pentatonic scales really loud until you get discovered.
Some see the glass half full, others see the glass half empty. Me? I see that the glass is refillable.