Page 1 of 2
Hi, I will buy a Jackson with swapping my PRS Se Custom 24. Im bored to play PRS.
A Jackson i find but where made the guitar i wonder.
It has 117334 serial on last fret. Owner says, guitar was made in Japan. A black-gold sticker says this, on back of neck-body connection. Like this:

But owner rips off the sticker and im not sure guitar is Japan.
Owner says its a neck through 2011 Japan Jackson. He switched the pickups Seymour Duncan from EMGHZ's.
Heres a photo on 25th fret, we can see serial.

http://i.hizliresim.com/r6O49V.jpg

I mailed Jackson but can not take a response.
Do you think the guitar was made from Japan ?

some pics:

I would say it is, if the fretboard is ebony. There were neckthrough Pro models made in Japan before they moved production to Indonesia. The year also sounds about right, soon after that they ended production. The Indonesians don't mark the serial number on the fretboard, but the Indians did for their X-Series, but those were rosewood.
It's likely a not an original Japan made Jackson Pro model which were only made from '90-'95 before production was stopped. I'm not sure if they made neck throughs there in 2011. it would help to see what it said on the headstock besides the Jackson logo.

The fretboard looks like rosewood not ebony.
"A well-wound coil is a well-wound coil regardless if it's wound with professional equipment, or if somebody's great-grandmother winds it to an old French recipe with Napoleon's modified coffee grinder and chops off the wire after a mile with an antique guillotine!"
- Bill Lawrence

Come and be with me
Live my twisted dream
Pro devoted pledge
Time for primal concrete sledge

There were some Japanese neck-throughs around that time, namely the Demmelition Pro. I don't know about Soloist models though.

To complicate things, the Indian X-Series also used a very dark rosewood.
The first guitar you posted with the MIJ sticker isnt the same guitar as the rest of the pictures.

The first guitar seems like genuine MIJ and the second guitar in the rest of the pictures looks like an SLXT with Duncans and thats not MIJ. IIRC those are Indonesian or Indian.

You werent planning on doing a straight trade I hope. What kind of PRS?
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
dthmtl3EvilnineH4T3BR33D3R
Hi guys, thx for response.
First pic is my old DK-2's. I swap it for PRS Se Custom 24 that i use now. This pic is an example for MIJ sticker that owner said. ( I sold DK-2 cause i cant picking plectrum well because single magnet on middle. )
And serial is 1107334, not 117334, my bad. The better pic is there:

Now, what u can say about made from ?
I like my PRS but i play Metallica, Pantera, Death all day long. And i want to see a Dark Evil guitar in my hands. If my eyes likes guitar, i can play more hours the guitar. PRS is very good guitar for rockers to play every genre.
The SLXT's magnets are SD Custom Custom and SH1N that owners think.
My prs is about 400$ used price, but no used SLXT ad on trading forums, web sites in Turkey. (I know 400$ is nearly new guitar price, but in my country 1$=3.5 Turkish Liras. 2 years ago 1$=2.2 TLs. Ahh, good old days. )
It comes down to whether the fretboard is rosewood or ebony. Another factor is the serial number. The Indians did use the first two digits of the year. The Japanese used to start everything with 9 but I'm not sure about these neck-through Pros, whether they followed the same convention or something else. Looking at the last picture, I'm starting to think it's an Indian X-Series.
I doubt it's made in Japan.

The only Jackson Soloists made in Japan with a rosewood fretboard shortly before the Chushin-Gakki factory closed up AFAIK was the SL3, which this guitar obviously isn't and the Jackson SLAT7, which was obviously a 7 string.

It's very likely an Indian-made SLXT.
Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
I also have to do that. Cottaging this weekend
Quote by dthmtl3
It comes down to whether the fretboard is rosewood or ebony. Another factor is the serial number. The Indians did use the first two digits of the year. The Japanese used to start everything with 9 but I'm not sure about these neck-through Pros, whether they followed the same convention or something else. Looking at the last picture, I'm starting to think it's an Indian X-Series.

If it really was an older pro series MIJ then it would be a 6 digit serial number starting with 0-5 and then if it was a 2000s MIJ jackson neck through it would follow the 0(x)**** [x="year"] serials. 7 digit, fusion or no series MIJ serials start with 94xxxxx or 9xxxxxx. 7 digits starting with a 1 is either MIK Performer or MII and that particular guitar doesn't follow anything I've seen from the MIK Jackson (and Korean Jacksons are super rare to find anyway).
Quote by zgr0826

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
Guys, u know an Indian or Indonesian Jackson that includes a serial number on 25 th fret ? (or can you find me a Picture that prooves this )
Another question: Is that worth for take the SLXT for my PRS ?T00DEEPBLUEdthmtl3
Quote by berdin_turgut
Guys, u know an Indian or Indonesian Jackson that includes a serial number on 25 th fret ? (or can you find me a Picture that prooves this )
Another question: Is that worth for take the SLXT for my PRS ?T00DEEPBLUEdthmtl3

Yeah, a lot of them and most neck through models have them there regardless of where its made. Here's an RRXMG with one:

And my own particular RRXMG (made in indonesia) also has a serial number at the base of the board.
Quote by zgr0826

Quote by JustRooster
Last edited by H4T3BR33D3R at Dec 29, 2016,
Quote by berdin_turgut

You mean the fingerboard extension. No such thing as a 25th fret on a Jackson.

Indian-made Sololists did have their s/n stamped on the end of the fingerboard extension as did the older MIJ Soloists did. The newer Indonesian-made soloists have their s/n printed on the back of the headstock.

This is an Indo-made SL2's s/n.

This is a Japanese-made SL3's s/n

We know the guitar in question isn't Japanese-made because no Japanese Soloist of that year came with those specs. It's Indian-made for sure.
Another question: Is that worth for take the SLXT for my PRS ?

The Jackson costs less at retail and less used than the PRS, so I'd rather get another guitar.
Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
T00DEEPBLUEH4T3BR33D3R
Guys, maybe 1% chance guitar is Japan.
On last photo:
We look carefully on first digit. It is steep/verticular, but other 6 digits inclined/skewed. And first digit is different from second. Can you see this ?
T00DEEPBLUEH4T3BR33D3R
Guys, maybe 1% chance guitar is Japan.
On last photo:
We look carefully on first digit. It is steep/verticular, but other 6 digits inclined/skewed. And first digit is different from second. Can you see this ?

I will take one more photo up on serial number to proove this
That doesn't mean anything.

it isn't MIJ.
Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
Is this guy for real lol!
My newest addition,
2007 Dean Cadi-KILL (Cannibal Corpse) Rob Barrett Signature model to see more of my gear visit my profile.
Guys ı read this:
The Indian X series

In 1998 Jackson started a new series called the X series, which was made in India. JS20s had been produced in India since 1996 using an 8 digit serial scheme where the first two digits corresponding to the year (96xxxxxx = 1996, 99xxxxxx = 1999, 00xxxxxx = 2000, 04xxxxxx = 2004). The new 1998 X series continued using this same serial number sequence until the X series ended production in India in 2001 and moved to Japan starting in 2002 (where it currently is made, as of 2010).

http://www.jcfonline.com/archive/index.php/t-101353.html
What says this, ı understand it says in 2010 jackson products MIJ slxt's.Do you accept this ?
What can you say about this ?
Guys ı read this:
The Indian X series

In 1998 Jackson started a new series called the X series, which was made in India. JS20s had been produced in India since 1996 using an 8 digit serial scheme where the first two digits corresponding to the year (96xxxxxx = 1996, 99xxxxxx = 1999, 00xxxxxx = 2000, 04xxxxxx = 2004). The new 1998 X series continued using this same serial number sequence until the X series ended production in India in 2001 and moved to Japan starting in 2002 (where it currently is made, as of 2010).

What says this, ı understand it says in 2010 jackson products MIJ slxt's.Do you accept this ?
What can you say about this ?IkillintelT00DEEPBLUE
I am not an authority on MiJ Jackson guitars.. but based on the reply you are getting.. they are telling you that the guitar you want to trade your PRS for isn't a Japanese made Jackson guitar.. if you insist on wanting to trade the guitar.. that is your choice and yours alone.. If you want a real Japanese made instrument.. be patient and keep your eyes peeled on used instrument stores or musician trade (note: you still need to be vigilant against fake or copy). Good luck on your search.

If there is even 1% doubt that it isn't authentic Japanese made guitar, I wouldn't even consider it. I like Washburn guitars and specifically vintage made in Japan by Matsumoku.. during the Washburn hay day.. late 70's to early 80's era..
I have Washburn guitars 'Maverick Series' and bass 'Bantam Series' and a few pedals and amps, but man I wish to have more patience and drive practicing my playing, if it's equal to the modding itch, then I'm golden.
No SLXT is made in Japan.
Quote by zgr0826

Quote by JustRooster
Again it would probably help to see what else it says on the headstock beside the logo, it says something I can see part of the letter.

As H4T3BR33D3 Rhe neck through early MIJ "Pro" Series should have the 6 digit serial and it should also say the model name and Pro on the trussrod cover (ex. Rhoads Pro) as well as "Professional" next to the logo.
"A well-wound coil is a well-wound coil regardless if it's wound with professional equipment, or if somebody's great-grandmother winds it to an old French recipe with Napoleon's modified coffee grinder and chops off the wire after a mile with an antique guillotine!"
- Bill Lawrence

Come and be with me
Live my twisted dream
Pro devoted pledge

Quote by Evilnine
Again it would probably help to see what else it says on the headstock beside the logo, it says something I can see part of the letter.

As H4T3BR33D3 Rhe neck through early MIJ "Pro" Series should have the 6 digit serial and it should also say the model name and Pro on the trussrod cover (ex. Rhoads Pro) as well as "Professional" next to the logo.

I kind of think it's a Jackson 'concept' logo which makes it even more suspicious cause those weren't made for long, had different SN formats to this guitar and IIRC none of them were neck through. Some of the early Performer guitars also had a concept logo but AFAIK none of them conform to OPs guitar either.

Could be a fake, or maybe it had a break and a new logo. Either way, I probably wouldn't risk any coins on buying it finding out.
Quote by zgr0826

Quote by JustRooster
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
I kind of think it's a Jackson 'concept' logo which makes it even more suspicious cause those weren't made for long, had different SN formats to this guitar and IIRC none of them were neck through. Some of the early Performer guitars also had a concept logo but AFAIK none of them conform to OPs guitar either.

Could be a fake, or maybe it had a break and a new logo. Either way, I probably wouldn't risk any coins on buying it finding out.

I agree it is definately a risk. I was looking at a MIJ Concept at Guitar Center a couple years back saw it online and went to have a look it was not any different from the other MIJ's from that era (early '90s) it was like $250 but looked pretty worn out and I passed, I would have grabbed it if they would have taken $175 but they weren't coming down so I walked away. I bought my '89 Charvel Fusion Custom for only $350 last year and it was completely stock and near mint hanging next to it was a Charvel Model 275 that was a tad beat up and they were asking $499 which was a price drop from $599 they were calling it a '90 Charvel Soloist, I tried to tell them it was a Model 275 and that Charvel did not have a model called soloist and that the 275 had a weird angled humbucker that looked like two singles but the kid working their wouldn't listen I tried to have him look up the Jackson Catalog and show him I was right and that the $275 was like $250 cheaper than the Fushion Custom but he didn't want to hear it.

I'm guessing someone didn't do their homework before buying it and overpaid for it.
- Bill Lawrence

Come and be with me
Live my twisted dream
Pro devoted pledge

psp742EvilnineH4T3BR33D3R
Thx guys, its not a fake guitar. If its fake, i can understand it while i trying. I dont try the guitar yet but if i accept the trade 1-1, i can try the guitar. If i accept, i can try, but cant say i dont accept the trade after trying.
I'll wait a week more.
Im looking a Jackson DKMG (real Japan ), what can you say about this ?
Quote by berdin_turgut
Thx guys, its not a fake guitar. If its fake, i can understand it while i trying. I dont try the guitar yet but if i accept the trade 1-1, i can try the guitar. If i accept, i can try, but cant say i dont accept the trade after trying.
I'll wait a week more.

I have a DKMG Black Forrest Green EMG 81/85 it's a great guitar practically plays itself I have no complaints.

I also have a DKMGT which is the same but string through instead of the tremolo it has emg 81/81 with 18 V mod and Afterburner and is a flame throwing beast of an axe definate top 5 in my collection.

DKMG MIJ @ Chushin Gakki

- Bill Lawrence

Come and be with me
Live my twisted dream
Pro devoted pledge

Last edited by Evilnine at Dec 30, 2016,
Evilnine
omg i love your guitars and mesa.
If dkmg have normal headstock and sharkfin inlays, i already bought it.
Another question:
Im afraid of bolt on necks. Is there any cracks or crevices in your guitars neck-body connection ?
I got 2 small cracks on my old DK-2(you can see one on the first Picture on the page.).
Quote by berdin_turgut
Guys ı read this:
The Indian X series

What can you say about this ?IkillintelT00DEEPBLUE

Then I am going to tell you to go to the JCF and submit good full images of that guitar ONLY Head stock to body with close ups of identifying markings. Those guys know their shit over there , a user named MUDLARK is a great place to start.. Oh and you'll have to host the images from a file sharing site ...like photobucket. Good luck.
My newest addition,
2007 Dean Cadi-KILL (Cannibal Corpse) Rob Barrett Signature model to see more of my gear visit my profile.
berdin_turgut

No cracks on mine but it is common on bolt-ons and 9 times out of 10 it is just the finished that is cracked and will have no effect on the playability.

I have a couple of neck through guitars and one with a set neck the rest are bolt-ons which I have never had any problems with.

I really love the DKMGT there is a guy (76 years old) who is a legend around where I live for custom pin striping hot rod cars he has been doing it for over 50 years. I was able to get my DKMGT striped with some old school hot rod style designs along with my lucky number 9. It has gotten mixed reviews but being a big fan of hot rod cars and the art of hand pin striping I absolutely love it it is one of a kind for sure.

- Bill Lawrence

Come and be with me
Live my twisted dream
Pro devoted pledge

Last edited by Evilnine at Dec 30, 2016,
Quote by berdin_turgut
I'll wait a week more.

You wont find out its fake just by playing it. Fakes can be working guitars but still not worth what you pay.

Personally you shouldnt do the trade IMO. Especially not a straight one. Dont let what you wish the guitar was cloud what actually is in front of your eyes (ie not an MIJ)
Quote by zgr0826

Quote by JustRooster
Ikillintel

+1 for JCF definately are alot of Jackson experts there they have helped me identify a guitar or two in the past.
- Bill Lawrence

Come and be with me
Live my twisted dream
Pro devoted pledge

I mean not a Japanese made Jackson guitar.. a Indonesian made or China made being passed on as Japanese made. Korean made guitar is also very good but of course Japanese is better.
I have Washburn guitars 'Maverick Series' and bass 'Bantam Series' and a few pedals and amps, but man I wish to have more patience and drive practicing my playing, if it's equal to the modding itch, then I'm golden.
Quote by berdin_turgut
I'll wait a week more.

If I'm reading this correctly- the other guy won't let you actually try the guitar unless you agree to the trade first, and then says that you can't change your mind after trying it? So that you will be forced to accept the trade, with no chance of return, without being able to try it out first?

If I am reading that correctly, then this has all sorts of red flags and I would absolutely not do it. If someone will not let you try the guitar before accepting a "final" trade/sale, then there is something seriously wrong either with the guitar, or the seller (possibly stolen?).
ESP LTD James Hetfield Signature Vulture-Satin Black
ESP LTD James Hetfield Signature Snakebyte-Snow White
ESP LTD James Hetfield Signature Iron Cross-Snow White
Jackson Pro Series Soloist SL2Q Trans Root Beer Quilt
Jackson SLATXMQ Soloist3-6-Trans Red Quilt
Jackson Pro Series Dinky DK2QM-Chlorine Burst
Jackson Pro Series Monarkh SC-Trans Purple Quilt
Ibanez Iron Label ARZIR20
Schecter Hellraiser C-1-Black Cherry Burst
Ibanez RG-770-Laser Blue
Jackson Kelly-Trans Green Flame
Line 6 Helix LT
Quote by tc1072
If I'm reading this correctly- the other guy won't let you actually try the guitar unless you agree to the trade first, and then says that you can't change your mind after trying it? So that you will be forced to accept the trade, with no chance of return, without being able to try it out first?

If I am reading that correctly, then this has all sorts of red flags and I would absolutely not do it. If someone will not let you try the guitar before accepting a "final" trade/sale, then there is something seriously wrong either with the guitar, or the seller (possibly stolen?).

yeah that screams scam.
Quote by zgr0826

Quote by JustRooster
In JCF i found a small article about Indian guitars that can help me.
It says in 2010, old indian x series guitars starts to be made in Japan. My guitar is x series but i dont know about product date. 1107334 serial. Is is 2011 ?
Maybe it is.
Quote by Evilnine
Ikillintel

+1 for JCF definately are alot of Jackson experts there they have helped me identify a guitar or two in the past.

Great group of guys over there... not that people here aren't or that they don't know what they are looking at ... but when you have an expert that you can consult go with the expert. Right on man \m/
My newest addition,
tc1072
Lol, sorry my bad.
The real reson is (for if i try, i will buy ) owner is in other city of Turkey(Ankara), i am in İzmir. İf i accept and the owner ships(Cargo) the guitar, i ll try and dont want to refuse the guitar. I will not give a bad situation to owner.
Last edited by berdin_turgut at Dec 30, 2016,
Quote by berdin_turgut
In JCF i found a small article about Indian guitars that can help me.
It says in 2010, old indian x series guitars starts to be made in Japan. My guitar is x series but i dont know about product date. 1107334 serial. Is is 2011 ?
Maybe it is.

Ita not Japanese. The X series was NEVER Japanese.

If you want to get ripped off then make the trade. Its obvious that you will do what you want and helping you is pointless since multiple users have told you straight up that it isnt Japanese, GAVE you the reasons why and you still choose to believe its MIJ for whatever reason.

Quote by berdin_turgut
tc1072
Lol, sorry my bad.
The real reson is (for if i try, i will buy ) owner is in other city of Turkey(Ankara), i am in İzmir. İf i accept and the owner ships(Cargo) the guitar, i ll try and dont want to refuse the guitar. I will not give a bad situation to owner.

So dont get the guitar. Problem solved.

Quote by Ikillintel
Great group of guys over there... not that people here aren't or that they don't know what they are looking at ... but when you have an expert that you can consult go with the expert. Right on man \m/

JCF has been down for a long time.
Quote by zgr0826

Quote by JustRooster
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
Ita not Japanese. The X series was NEVER Japanese.

I thought the X series was MIJ for a while? I seem to remember trying a bunch of X series ones (a dinky, and a V and a rhoads I think) and they were MIJ as far as I can remember.

But apart from that I agree with you 100%, this seems fishy so avoid it.

EDIT: I didn't realise JCF was down? I can still go to it, but admittedly I never actually checked the date of the most recent posts etc....
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Dave_Mc
I thought the X series was MIJ for a while? I seem to remember trying a bunch of X series ones (a dinky, and a V and a rhoads I think) and they were MIJ as far as I can remember.

But apart from that I agree with you 100%, this seems fishy so avoid it.

EDIT: I didn't realise JCF was down? I can still go to it, but admittedly I never actually checked the date of the most recent posts etc....

Yeah but those AX series Jacksons were essentially just rebadged Performer/Concept series guitars and none of them had anything close to the specs of this newer guitar and has nothing to do with the current X series. The closest one would probably be a JDR/JSX-94 and those are bolt on, not string-through and didn't have binding. Sorry I'm being so firm on this but OP seems to be swayed easy and aside from speculation before the line was fully released I see no proof of any modern MIJ X series guitars that are even remotely similar. Heck, the logo isn't even the same considering they had the fatter, bigger logo on the Performer/Concept guitars. If you have proof otherwise I'd like to see it because I haven't seen anything close to it.

On JCF it's kind of weird because I can access some of the threads but the rest gives me a redirect to their webhost.
Quote by zgr0826

Quote by JustRooster
Last edited by H4T3BR33D3R at Dec 30, 2016,
I meant things like the DX10D, KVX10 and stuff like that. I'm fairly sure they were MIJ. They looked fairly similar to the pro series (apart from maybe chrome hardware) but with a bit lower spec (didn't have real duncans, slightly worse trem etc. I think).

But yeah I agree, I'm not trying to talk him into buying it or anything like that, I totally agree that this guitar is sketchy as all get-out.

EDIT: Huh that's weird about JCF
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Last edited by Dave_Mc at Dec 30, 2016,
Page 1 of 2