Okay so in recent months I have grown tired of using EMG pickups and I have a Les Paul and PRS that both came stock with EMG's. Both have a battery box and I was thinking of replacing the EMG pickups with some good passives but I was curious what I could do with the battery box. Are there any attachments besides a sustainiac that require a 9V?
Quote by benjamin0016
Are there any attachments besides a sustainiac that require a 9V?

I've got guitars that have both Sustainers (Fernandes, not Sustainiac) and Chandler Tone-X's. The Chandler seem to be out of production ATM, but it's an active, sweepable mids boost (think "parked wah") on a push-pull that really does great work for leads that need to cut through a mix. Mine are on LPs, for what it's worth. You can also use the battery to power piezos. Like Tony Done, I've also got several guitars with active preamps running passive pickups. These allow for various boosts, and for active tone controls ("5" on these systems is like "dimed" on passives, and you can actually boost both treble and bass when you head toward "10"). Some preamps allow for a mids control as well, or replace dual volumes with a single blend pot and a master volume.

And finally, there are a number of FX that can be installed and run via push-pulls. All require battery power.

And the LEDs aren't a bad idea; light-up fret markers are available (usually powered by a coin-type battery mounted on the headstock, but could easily be run via battery box 9V). https://fretfx.com/

You can use it to store drugs. Your bass player will love it.
Joža je kul. On ma sirove z dodatki pa hambije.
Onboard tuner?
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Log off and play yer guitar!

Strap on, tune up, rock out!
That's great, but if you're in a "No Smoking" venue...
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Log off and play yer guitar!

Strap on, tune up, rock out!
Quote by gorkyporky
You can use it to store drugs. Your bass player will love it.

Tell him to get his OWN battery box.
You could use it to store a spare battery in case one of your pedals runs out of juice.
My Gear:
Ibanez Jet King 2
Ibanez RGDIX7 MPB
Ibanez GRG 7221
OLP John Petrucci
Epiphone Les Paul Custom Pro
Squier Stratocaster (modified)
Harley Benton CLD-41S (Acoustic)

Peavey Vypyr 30.

Boss CH-1 Super Chorus
Boss DD-3 Digital Delay
Boss FRV-1 '63 Fender Reverb