Not sure if this is the correct sub-forum to post this.....I'm playing through a Blackstar ID Core, which is totally badass! I'm a tonechaser nut, I love seeking the ultimate! I would like to add an overdrive pedal just for #1 with this amp it has different voicings that it would give me different tones from the 5 different voicings and it would allow me tom fine tune more types of tones and even perfect what I already have. I play blues and hard rock....I do not have much experience with OD pedals so I'm looking for suggestions please and Thank you...plus I love new toys
digital amps *typically* DO NOT like pedals in front of them. especially overdrives. keep the money in your pocket and save for something else.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
Grawgos +1 the BE-OD sounds sweet as hell! i haven't gotten my hands on one yet though.

but yeah, you ninja'd me on that.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
Quote by jamesdolecek
Not sure if this is the correct sub-forum to post this.....I'm playing through a Blackstar ID Core, which is totally badass! I'm a tonechaser nut, I love seeking the ultimate! I would like to add an overdrive pedal just for #1 with this amp it has different voicings that it would give me different tones from the 5 different voicings and it would allow me tom fine tune more types of tones and even perfect what I already have. I play blues and hard rock....I do not have much experience with OD pedals so I'm looking for suggestions please and Thank you...plus I love new toys

hmm...... can't say I've heard blackstar ID core and tone chasing nut in the same sentence . glad you like your amp but as th others have said it may not play nice with an overdrive. as I recall the EQ section on those amps is super limited which doesn't make it ideal for "tone chasing"
jamesdolecek As others have said, getting an OD pedal with your amp is likely not worth your money. You have read somewhere that the amp takes pedals well, and now you are reading that it likely does not. In fact, I will tell you that it will not- or at least using an OD pedal with your amp is not worth your money.

BUT if you just have money burning in your pocket and you do not want to save for an amp that would take pedals better (a standard tube amp combo), then look into something like the Joyo drive pedals which are silly cheap. Tubescreamer clones (the Joyo TS is called "Vintage Overdrive") are fine as well and they will have professional use. The EHX Soul Food is a cheap choice as well.