Hello! Here's my question:

How can I get the breakup/overdrive sound that you can get from a Matchless DC30 with the gear I have?

I've got a Fender USA Tele Pro (with a Fender Custom Humbucker in the bridge and a traditional Tele neck pickup), a Vox AC30C2, and an MXR 10 Band EQ.

I can't turn up the amp that much because I have neighbors. Also, cranking up the channel volume is ok because I can roll off the volume on my guitar to get a clean tone. I don't want to buy anything new and just use the gear I have.

You can get a good glimpse of the tone I'm looking for in this video, and you can clearly see that Matt Bellamy (the guitarist) is using a Matchless DC30.

So, with the gear I have, how could I get a tone like that? What settings should I use on my AC30C2 and my EQ pedal, or is it impossible for me to get a tone like that with the gear I have?
Last edited by kaiburns1 at Dec 29, 2016,
maybe drop the mids and increase the treble?
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?