Hey there!

I've been playing my Laney IRT-Studio for some time now through a real cab, and I love it! But when it comes to silent recording, I've been disappointed about the direct sound, with or without Laneys own cab emulation. So I turned to Two Notes and saw two good looking products: Torpedo C.A.B and Torpedo Live. But which one I should buy?

If I've been reading correctly, Torpedo Live has a loadbox within so that you won't blow up your amp when plugging amp to Live. C.A.B doesn't have this feature, but here comes the fun part: Laney has a dummy load meaning it won't blow even if you use it without connecting it to a cabinet. Without including the loadbox to the count, are these two products same thing, or are there something truly amazing features in Live compared to C.A.B that excuse the 500 euro difference in prices?
Have you tried what results you can get with a direct recording without the cab emulation the Laney offers and then a third party IR?
You might not need to spend a lot to get what you want. You can find tons of free IR's.
Quote by I K0nijn I
Have you tried what results you can get with a direct recording without the cab emulation the Laney offers and then a third party IR?
You might not need to spend a lot to get what you want. You can find tons of free IR's.

Sorry, I forgot to mention that silent playing with great, inspiring sounds with low latency to my headphones or monitors would be one huge thing for me. That's why I've been looking at Two Notes stuff. So direct recording the way you suggested might not be the answer for me.
I'd at least try it. It doesn't cost you anything and if it works, that's money you can spend on something else.
If you can monitor the amp through headphones or monitors without a lot of latency, an IR loader won't make a huge difference in my experience.
if you have a computer already and don't mind using that every time you play then you can process the sound from the irt with just a software solution. Two-notes even has stand alone cab software for that. The quality of that is going to be dependent on your audio interface.

With the irt-studio you can just buy the two-notes that doesn't have the dummy load since the irt-studio already has a built in load.
Prs se Holcomb is the answer
Quote by SeleniumForest

I've been playing my Laney IRT-Studio for some time now through a real cab, and I love it! But when it comes to silent recording, I've been disappointed about the direct sound, with or without Laneys own cab emulation. So I turned to Two Notes and saw two good looking products: Torpedo C.A.B and Torpedo Live. But which one I should buy?

I use the C.A.B. with an HD500X. There are TWO things that the C.A.B. does. It provides tube amp simulations (EL34, EL84, KT88, 6L6, etc.) and it provides cabinet IRs. But it does the cabinet IRs in a file system that allows you to simulate moving the mikes around (they're actually a set of individual IRs, but they act like a 3D system) if you're using their IRs. Great piece of kit for live OR recording, and it can be controlled via MIDI (in my case, through user presets on the HD500). If you don't need the load box, don't bother with the Live. If you can essentially come off the preamp, you're good to go. You can also bring in other IRs if you wish.
I agree with many of those above. Just use IR (cab emulations) in a DAW and use the monitoring feature with headphones plugged into the computer. OwnHammer has a free Mesa Boogie V30 Cabinet.

I'd try this first as it sounds like you have everything else you need and it's free. . . .
Guitars:
Jackson Kelly KE3 - MIJ (Distortion/Jazz)
Jackson DKMGT Dinky (EMG 81/85)
ESP E-II Eclipse Custom (JB/'59)
ESP LTD EC-1001FR (EMG 81/60)
Fender MIM Strat

Amps:
Mesa/Boogie Dual Rectifier Roadster 212
Laney IronHeart IRT-Studio
Peavey Vypyr 30
Peavey ReValver Amp Sims
TOOOO many T.C. Electronic Pedals. . .