So, awhile back, I replaced the bridge humbucker in my Squier Bullet and I noticed a few of the pickguard screws didn't go back in where they hold. My guess is that I just need some slightly longer and maybe thicker screws to anchor it in. It's enough that you can see the bridge pickup tilt towards the neck because the pickguard isn't level. It's a cheap guitar, so I'm not horrified, but I don't know what screws will help better anchor the pickguard.
Guitar/Bass:
Schecter: Damien 6/Stilletto Extreme 5, Squier: Bullet HSS*, Washburn RX10*/WG-587, Agile Septor 727
*mods

Amps/FX
Peavey: Vypyr 30/Max 112 (200W), ISP: Decimator

Quote by dannyalcatraz
Understood- I waste money on amps*, too.

justinguitar.com is the answer
I have seen it recommended that toothpicks can help fill the space and make a tighter hold. If that does not work, just take one of the current screws you have in the guitar to the hardware store and get something that looks just a bit bigger. I would not worry about precision work in your case.
I would avoid using different screws. Just put a sliver of toothpick or bamboo skewer in each hole. I would plug (I use bamboo skewers) and redrill them, but it isn't strictly necessary. You can also harden the inside of the hole with superglue.

Update. I had to do one this morning, it took about about 30 seconds to whittle down the skewer, glue it in, break it off flush and redrill the hole.
Last edited by Tony Done at Dec 30, 2016,
Quote by Will Lane
I have seen it recommended that toothpicks can help fill the space and make a tighter hold.
I've used this several times for strap buttons and not yet had to redo it, so for pickguards it should be absolutely no problem.
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
Youre officially uber shit now.

Quote by StewieSwan
3d9310rd is far more upset than i 
Super glue sounds like a winner to me. Thanks!
Guitar/Bass:
Schecter: Damien 6/Stilletto Extreme 5, Squier: Bullet HSS*, Washburn RX10*/WG-587, Agile Septor 727
*mods

Amps/FX
Peavey: Vypyr 30/Max 112 (200W), ISP: Decimator

Quote by dannyalcatraz
Understood- I waste money on amps*, too.

justinguitar.com is the answer
Just make sure you let that badboy dry before screwing into it. Having glued-in screws isn't much fun.
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
Youre officially uber shit now.

Quote by StewieSwan
3d9310rd is far more upset than i