Page 4 of 5
But she has a bf

Her best friend works with me too. Should I ask her how serious their relationship is?
I just want to know that I did all I could with what I was given.
I would just drop it man. She's 9 years younger than you and has a bf. Wait for a better opportunity. The difference in maturity between 18 and 27 is pretty signficant.
Quote by MeGaDeth2314
I would just drop it man. She's 9 years younger than you and has a bf. Wait for a better opportunity. The difference in maturity between 18 and 27 is pretty signficant.
and she's going to college.

just give up on it Mr R. there's plenty of women out there who are single and aren't moving away. You don't need to completely cut yourself off from her, you can still chat whenever you see her or over fb, etc.
[img]http://cdn.gs.uproxx.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/v.gif[/img]
Yeah we may chat while she is in college but that probably won't last long.
1. She has a bf. Leave it alone, don't complicate things for her.
2. College is going to complicate things anyway. Stay friends or whatever works, but if you get emotionally involved, you're probably going to get hurt.
4. College again. College changes everything for some people, especially long distance relationship wise.

I mean, the situation kinda sucks for you, so I'm sorry, but my advice is to stay clear. It's going to be a mess if you get involved. Also, you don't want to be that person who interferes with an ongoing relationship because you think you have a shot. Timing's the hardest part of relationships, and in this case, it just isn't right :/
I feel like shit. No matter what I do or what happens she is going to pretty much be gone by college time. We may stay in touch for awhile after but I don't think it will last long. Why am I so worked up over this?
Quote by mr.retard
But she has a bf

Her best friend works with me too. Should I ask her how serious their relationship is?
Arrange a threesome with her best friend.
Quote by Diemon Dave
Don't go ninjerin nobody don't need ninjerin'
Dude, if she's going to college, she's going to eventually find a Chad Thundercock who's going to emasculate anyone who was ever intimately involved with her. Like seriously, during sex, she'll scream in passion and pleasure, "You're so much bigger than mr.retard!"

Just avoid that embarrassment.
I like St. Anger. Ridicule me, daddy

Quote by ErikLensherr

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
I was in a similar-ish situation a few years back. Not as big a gap, but she was 18 and I was 23 (but almost 24).

As much as we got on and stuff, I just decided the age gap was too big for it to realistically be anything serious. Perhaps it's a bit close-minded of me, but think to yourself what you were like when you were 18, and what you're like now. Pretty much an entirely different person, right? I'm not sure I'd even get along with the 18 year old version of myself. I figured that would somewhat be the case with her, you just still have so much growing up to do at that age that eventually the difference in your maturity levels will probably become an issue.
Quote by mr.retard
I feel like shit. No matter what I do or what happens she is going to pretty much be gone by college time. We may stay in touch for awhile after but I don't think it will last long. Why am I so worked up over this?

any and all of your worries come from worrying about the future and what it holds for you both, but the future isn't a real thing. don't worry about the future cos you don't know the future, all you know is the present. forget about all past and future things my friend they are futile, anything can happen. live life now.

best wishes,

laidtowaste
Click here to hear my BOB DYLAN (Blowing in the Wind) out right now May 2k17
Thanks for all the help guys.
Quote by Iriathz
Let it go, let it go

I know. I'm just doing a horrible job at it.

Also I just got promoted to shift manager which is a position they created for me. It's just a title but now I am kind of her manager.
Quote by mr.retard
Just relax and accept it. We've all had that one girl we've wanted to date but knew it wasn't going to happen. This is life, shit happens. Move on and find a girl whom you feel comfortable with and know that it's going to work out.
Quote by mr.retard
But she has a bf

You said you are 27, as a fellow 27 year old I have to say this... Grow the hell up. You are acting like you are in high school. Move on, go to bar, go out places, and find other WOMEN. Chances are this. You are 27 and she is 18. She sees you as a friend and that about it buddy.
"Music became a healer for me. And I learned to listen with all my being. I found that it could wipe away all the emotions of fear and confusion relating to my family." Eric Clapton
Quote by mr.retard
Why am I so worked up over this?

OBEY THE MIGHTY SHITKICKER
Jake's Guide to Rejection:

develop crush on younger girl

talk to her occasionally at work

agonize

overthink

agonize some more

repeat overthinking and agonizing for about 3 months

ask her out

rejection

agonize

behave like a petulant child towards girl

agonize agonize agonize

realize a few months later you acted like an asshole after the rejection then get over it
mugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmug
Quote by jakesmellspoo
Jake's Guide to Rejection:

develop crush on younger girl

talk to her occasionally at work

agonize

overthink

agonize some more

repeat overthinking and agonizing for about 3 months

ask her out

rejection

agonize

behave like a petulant child towards girl

agonize agonize agonize

realize a few months later you acted like an asshole after the rejection then get over it

So I'm doing the first part right?

But seriously I have one more question. Should I talk to her friend about this? I would like to talk to someone about this.
Quote by mr.retard
So I'm doing the first part right?

But seriously I have one more question. Should I talk to her friend about this? I would like to talk to someone about this.
i mean i wanna say it can't hurt, but I don't know what your relationship is like with this girl or her friend.

it's probably best if you talk to her up front. personally i'd rather not want a girl i like hearing about my feelings through the grapevine.

used to let rumors do my work
they got around real well
now they only hurt
it's a liar's quirk
mugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmug
Dude I've seen 60 year olds with 20 years. You aren't to old. You are both legal so it's all good. If she was like 8 you know then she'd be to young for you.
They can't stop us Let 'em try For heavy metal We will die!
Quote by MurrcuryFoxx
Dude I've seen 60 year olds with 20 years. You aren't to old. You are both legal so it's all good. If she was like 8 you know then she'd be to young for you.
yeah but that shit's just creepy.
Quote by jakesmellspoo

Can't argue with that but it seems to happen a lot.
They can't stop us Let 'em try For heavy metal We will die!
Quote by jakesmellspoo
i mean i wanna say it can't hurt, but I don't know what your relationship is like with this girl or her friend.

it's probably best if you talk to her up front. personally i'd rather not want a girl i like hearing about my feelings through the grapevine.

used to let rumors do my work
they got around real well
now they only hurt
it's a liar's quirk

Well I guess I'm just going to keep my mouth shut.

By the way I am going to ask her if she is going to try to work here when she is home during college breaks. Another college girl does this so she might.
relevant to discussion of creepiness in relation to age gaps:

apparently Morgan Freeman had some shit going on with a really young niece or something a while back?

D:
google "cougar bars in my area" and go

try reversing roles and see what it feels like.....kinda balance things out for a while
how many movements do you have going on, psychotic ?
10 years is a good cut off point in ether direction. Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie were 10 years apart. RIP Brangelina

“Just to sum up: I would do various things very quickly.” - Donald Trump
I asked her if she will work here during winter breaks and she said that she would.

I'm not sure if this is good or bad.
Quote by mr.retard
I asked her if she will work here during winter breaks and she said that she would.

I'm not sure if this is good or bad.

The next winter break is a year from now. I really hope you're over her by then.
Quote by jakesmellspoo
Unless you're the 60 year old, in which case it's awesome.
Quote by Diemon Dave
Quote by MeGaDeth2314
The next winter break is a year from now. I really hope you're over her by then.

Me too

On a positive note I asked a bartender out today. She said she said she was seeing someone which may or may not be true but it took my mind off of things for a minute.
Last edited by mr.retard at Jan 7, 2017,
i'm actually pretty impressed like usually a thread with this title in the pit the OP would be an actual like, full-on nonce complaining about how he's considering dropping his relationship with like an 11 year old or something
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
Youre officially uber shit now.

Quote by StewieSwan
3d9310rd is far more upset than i 

Quote by Bladez22
I'm a moron tho apparently and everyone should listen to you oh wise pretentious one
Quote by mattedbird
google "cougar bars in my area" and go

try reversing roles and see what it feels like.....kinda balance things out for a while

Nailed it.
I'm going to a barcade ( a bar and an arcade) this weekend)

But by myself
mr.retard We need an update my dude, its been more than a week since you've created this thread. What'd you decide in the end?
Quote by TROUnation
mr.retard We need an update my dude, its been more than a week since you've created this thread. What'd you decide in the end?

Wow someone cares about me. Thanks

Yeah I'm going to do nothing. She has a boyfriend and she's leaving for college sometime in late summer.

It still sucks working with her. But she says she is going to work over the school breaks. Still don't know if that's good or bad.
I'm working with her right now and it's so hard not to say anything. There's no way I'm going to make it all summer.
Quote by mr.retard
I'm working with her right now and it's so hard not to say anything. There's no way I'm going to make it all summer.
Huehuehue
Quote by Diemon Dave
Quote by slapsymcdougal
Huehuehue

That's actually pretty funny and made me laugh.