Guys, I'm looking to buy my first budget electric guitar. I basically wanna play rock, punk and metal (Green Day, Sum 41, Avenged Sevenfold, Metallica etc). I filtered and scrutinized my choices to:-

Squier Buellet Strat with HSS Config https://www.bajaao.com/products/fender-squier-bullet-fat-strat-hss-rw-black-electric-guitar
Jackson JS11 Dinky https://www.bajaao.com/products/jackson-js11-dinky-electric-guitar

Personally I like Jackson because of its looks. What do you guys suggest ? Will I be able to play good clean tone with Jackson ?

PS: I am buying Marshall MG15CF Amp with the guitar
Mexican strat or a Mustang are my first instincts.
Some see the glass half full, others see the glass half empty. Me? I see that the glass is refillable.
Don't know if they'll show, but there are several Indian UGers who know of places to get good deals in your region. Fingers crossed & happy hunting!
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Log off and play yer guitar!

Strap on, tune up, rock out!
do you have to get the marshall MG? i'm not sure what the market is like in india, but i know that in europe and the USA there are normally better options for the amp.

and i agree with you that a bridge humbucker would be almost essential.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Dave_Mc
do you have to get the marshall MG? i'm not sure what the market is like in india, but i know that in europe and the USA there are normally better options for the amp.

and i agree with you that a bridge humbucker would be almost essential.

Well, I was thinking to get Fender Mustang 20Watt Amp or Line-6. But with import and custom taxes here, they cross the budget. Fender Mustang Amp is USD 100 if i'm not wrong. Here I'm getting the same for USD 150. If you have any recommendations, please tell me.
I'd go Jackson simply because I'm a Jackson guy.

Jackson JS series were made in India from the '90's up to circa 2012. The recent Chinese and Indonesian JS models have been getting really good reviews since they began in 2012. To be honest, the quality seems to have squashed the Indian models, which had a reputation as being quite inconsistent. Sharp fret ends were a common complaint with the Indian JS models.

That said, I truly believe all guitars need to be judged individually since there are good and bad examples from all price points. Make sure the dealer has a good return policy in case of troubles.
ah ok. i'm not sure anything I would suggest would be any cheaper, unfortunately. The peavey vypyrs, roland cubes (the lower wattage ones are kind of crappy, though, apart from the microcube) and vox valvetronixes (and mini 3/5) tend to be suggested a lot, but I doubt they'd be any cheaper than the Mustang.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Unfortunately you guys in India and such get hosed with import taxes and selection seems to be a bit slim, so your budget would be considered pretty low for anything worth mentioning, Meaning anything you choose will be just so much Chinese made low end gear, Doesn't matter whos logo is on it, If you like the Jackson buy the Jackson , The Marshall buy the Marshall, It really wont matter at this stage of your journey, In a few years when you've learned to play then it starts to matter, and your budget will hopefully increase
nastytroll yeah, for now I just wanna learn to play properly, ofcourse I will buy a good guitar after I get good. So, guess I will go with Jackson now and Marshall amp.
I've gotten the impression that the Mexican-made Fenders in general hold a very high quality for their price. You could also look into the Epiphone Les Pauls and SGs.