Hi everyone,

I've recently bought this beautiful pedal, Wampler Velvet Fuzz. I honestly love the sound of it but there is this problem that I'm currently experiencing. When my volume knob is at the unity gain point, I can't quite get enough distorted (in tight mode) or fat fuzzy (in big mode) tones.

By the way, I'm using a Fender Strat into Laney Cub12R. My settings are quite bright as I like it that way. And I always use my amp pretty clean, almost no break-up.

Do you guys have any advice as to how I could try to solve this issue? Or maybe I'm doing something wrong altogether?

Thanks in advance guys, happy new years!
Last edited by ilkerdemirtas65 at Jan 1, 2017,
what settings are you using on the pedal (and the amp)?

what pickups are in your fender?
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
I got Fat 50's pickups on my strat.

Amp settings: Tone is about 3 o'clock, volume at 11, bass 11, mid 12-1, treble 11-12, gain at 10-11. Basically a bright clean tone. And a bit of reverb as well.

Velvet fuzz is kinda dark so I'm mostly having the brightness knob at max or maybe rolled off a little. And since I'm trying to get the most distorted sound right now, I got my fuzz knob at full. Volume knob is at unity gain which is about 11 o'clock.
Last edited by ilkerdemirtas65 at Jan 1, 2017,
thanks

yeah that sounds weird. i haven't tried the velvet fuzz but usually most fuzzes get pretty saturated (and as far as i'm aware it has a distortion type pedal in there too).

have you checked out any soundclips on youtube? with similar gear to yours? just to check there's not something wrong with it.

how are you powering it?
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Dave_Mc
thanks

yeah that sounds weird. i haven't tried the velvet fuzz but usually most fuzzes get pretty saturated (and as far as i'm aware it has a distortion type pedal in there too).

have you checked out any soundclips on youtube? with similar gear to yours? just to check there's not something wrong with it.

how are you powering it?

Demos from youtube sound saturated enough to me and most of them are using a strat with a clean amp.
I'm using a classical boss style 9V power supply.
yeah, that's weird. have you tried a battery? just to eliminate the possibility that power is the problem.

if that doesn't help i'd maybe contact wampler to see what they say. there's always the possibility it's faulty...
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?