Hello friends, my neighbour was throwing this out a couple of days ago and rescued it from the an underserving lifetime in the dump. He said it'd been collecting dust in a corner for a couple of years and wasn't entirely sure what it was, so I figured I'd put it to you guys.

I thought it could have been a JS-something, and unbolted the neck to see if anything was printed in the joint. It looks like what could possibly be KE3 printed on the body (under the 4 – 2), and kvx10 is printed quite clearly on the neck. So now I'm not so sure. Any ideas?

Oh, and sorry for the poor quality photos.

Cheers
It looks like it very well may be the KE3. I see a date stamp in the neck joint that says 2006, and in looking at the 2006 Jackson Catalog, it matches the description perfectly.

" Alder body (with flame maple veneer on trans finishes), bolt-on maple neck, compound radius rosewood fingerboard, Seymour Duncan ® humbucking pickups, Jackson ® low profile double locking tremolo, black hardware. "

http://support.jacksonguitars.com/catalogs/us/Jackson2006_catalog.pdf
ESP LTD James Hetfield Signature Vulture-Satin Black
ESP LTD James Hetfield Signature Snakebyte-Snow White
ESP LTD James Hetfield Signature Iron Cross-Snow White
Jackson SLATXMQ Soloist3-6-Trans Red Quilt
Jackson Pro Series Dinky DK2QM-Chlorine Burst
Jackson Pro Series Monarkh SC-Trans Purple Quilt
Ibanez Iron Label ARZIR20 w/ Het Set-White
Schecter Hellraiser C-1-Black Cherry Burst
Ibanez RG-770-Laser Blue
Jackson Kelly-Trans Green Flame
Line 6 Helix LT
Nice score, regardless of what it turns out to be!
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Log off and play yer guitar!

Strap on, tune up, rock out!
Yeah, that's a KE3. It's actually not uncommon to see Jackson model mix ups from factory like this KE3/KVX10. I've seen it numerous times on the forums.
Last edited by chaosinsues5 at Jan 1, 2017,
That's a great score for free!!!!'
Guitars:
Jackson Kelly KE3 - MIJ (Distortion/Jazz)
Jackson DKMGT Dinky (EMG 81/85)
ESP E-II Eclipse Custom (JB/'59)
ESP LTD EC-1001FR (EMG 81/60)
Fender MIM Strat

Amps:
Mesa/Boogie Dual Rectifier Roadster 212
Laney IronHeart IRT-Studio
Peavey Vypyr 30
Peavey ReValver Amp Sims
TOOOO many T.C. Electronic Pedals. . .
Quote by tc1072
It looks like it very well may be the KE3. I see a date stamp in the neck joint that says 2006, and in looking at the 2006 Jackson Catalog, it matches the description perfectly.

" Alder body (with flame maple veneer on trans finishes), bolt-on maple neck, compound radius rosewood fingerboard, Seymour Duncan ® humbucking pickups, Jackson ® low profile double locking tremolo, black hardware. "

http://support.jacksonguitars.com/catalogs/us/Jackson2006_catalog.pdf

Quote by chaosinsues5
Yeah, that's a KE3. It's actually not uncommon to see Jackson model mix ups from factory like this KE3/KVX10. I've seen it numerous times on the forums.

Cheers, much appreciated.
haha awesome
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Nice. I guess he couldn't figure out how to keep the floating bridge in place and said "screw this."
As others have posted, VERY nice score for a free pickup!!!
ESP LTD James Hetfield Signature Vulture-Satin Black
ESP LTD James Hetfield Signature Snakebyte-Snow White
ESP LTD James Hetfield Signature Iron Cross-Snow White
Jackson SLATXMQ Soloist3-6-Trans Red Quilt
Jackson Pro Series Dinky DK2QM-Chlorine Burst
Jackson Pro Series Monarkh SC-Trans Purple Quilt
Ibanez Iron Label ARZIR20 w/ Het Set-White
Schecter Hellraiser C-1-Black Cherry Burst
Ibanez RG-770-Laser Blue
Jackson Kelly-Trans Green Flame
Line 6 Helix LT
Have you looked to see what pickups were in there?
Dave @ Seymour Duncan
Quote by Mincer
Have you looked to see what pickups were in there?

IF they're factory installed they should be JB/Jazz.
Random thought of the day: "Mystery Jackson saved from Landfill" sounds like a news headline regarding an Indiana Jones/Kolshak the Night Stalker type character.
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Log off and play yer guitar!

Strap on, tune up, rock out!