Hey, i'm going to buy a new guitar (Shecter Demon 6) and an amp and i really like the Orange Crush 12 but is it a good amp to play metal with ? I saw that it was a good rock/blues amp but not that good for metal so i'm hesitating, even if i'm not searching of a beast of heavy metal amp. Excuse my english and prethanks for answers
what's your budget?
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
looking on thomann there are some modelling amps for around about that kind of money- vox, fender mustang and blackstar.... I haven't tried them, though.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
I have a preamp/multi effect pedal (yamaha dg stomp) so i think modelling amps aren't what i need are they ?
A punk band around here uses an orange crush 112. It sounds good for punk. Nice distortion
Quote by add6899
I have a preamp/multi effect pedal (yamaha dg stomp) so i think modelling amps aren't what i need are they ?

possibly not. it just depends on whether they're better than your pedal. if they're not, then you're right, you effectively have more or less the same thing in your pedal so a regular solid state amp may well do fine.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by musishoon
try using a micro terror or a micro dark from orange!

This is your best bet. Shop used and for $100 you can often find the microwhead with a 1x12 cab.
If orange works for jim root I think you'll be fine
There is also a video series by Dave Simpson on YouTube about how many sounds you can get out of an amp. All the videos I've seen have been with an orange head but suffice to say with a little tweaking you can get some versatility.

Just don't get cold feet and get a line 6 or something
Yeah
Quote by add6899
Hey, i'm going to buy a new guitar (Shecter Demon 6) and an amp and i really like the Orange Crush 12 but is it a good amp to play metal with ? I saw that it was a good rock/blues amp but not that good for metal so i'm hesitating, even if i'm not searching of a beast of heavy metal amp. Excuse my english and prethanks for answers

Yeah what did you get?
Last edited by geo-rage at Mar 17, 2017,