Hello,
So I was wondering
Is a tube screamer good for riffs
Playing with chords and all
Im thinking of getting one, I want a sorta of a clear thrashy sound, sorta like the tone used in Green Days new album.
I was also look at the line 6 m5
But A modeling amp would be better
And no one brings this up much
Is a peavy vypyr vip 3 better than the marshall code 50?
Im trying the get the tone from green days revolution radio album.
I got a 250-400 budget
Doesnt have to exact but at least close
Thanks for the help!
Tube screamer is great if you are using the distiortion from your amp, because tubescreamer is used just to boost the amps distortion and give it some extra clarity and tightnes and also some gain when neccessary. but before getting a TS i recommend getting a good sound from your amp or whatever you're playing through. Modeling amps are nice for begginers on a budget, with vypyr certainly being one of the most popular ones.
Thanks for explain all that, but
I like the sound of my amp
Its a little peavy solo
Im only a hobbyist
But I feel like I want a crunch sound to the setting I already have.
a distortion pedal might be a better idea. a tubescreamer doesn't have a ton of gain.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
are you planning on buying that new modelling amp soon? if so it will likely sound better than a distortion pedal. but if it'll be a while before you get round to it, something cheapish and marshally-sounding might be worth considering. a joyo crunch distortion would probably work on the cheap.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
I found a peavy vypyr tube 60 but do you think its better than the vip series?
Also which would be a better
A marshall or a peavy?
Quote by juanbustos556
Dave_Mc
I think ill probably just get the amp.
But what be worth the money more
A marshall code or peavy vypyr?

i honestly have no idea, I haven't tried either. I know the vypyr seems to get a lot of love around here, though.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
modeling amps have built in overdrive fx that will work better with the amp than a pedal. modeling amps tend to be designed to be self contained and often don't work well with fx pedals (except wahs and a few others). look for a used Peavey Valveking and then get yourself an overdrive.
A Marshall DSL could be a good amp for Green day tones. It costs about 750 new, maybe you can get a used one for your budget. A speaker swap in the future makes this budget tube amp great.
Last edited by Gab_Azz at Jan 3, 2017,