Page 1 of 2
I'm just curious to see the different reasons people joined. I joined because I had a problem with an amp.
cuz I wanted guitar pro tabs
o()o

Quote by JamSessionFreak
yes every night of my entire life i go to bed crying because i wasnt born american
I started looking at tabs. Then I contributed my own a little. Then I started chatting with you losers bc I was alone and bored
Quote by EndTheRapture51
who pays five hundred fucking dollars for a burger
Tabs.
Quote by snipelfritz
You lost me at "Lubricate."

I'm raw, like nature. Nature boy. Big jungle leaves are my cum rags.

Sometimes I fuck a bamboo shoot.

There's nothing left here to be saved
Just barreling dogs and barking trains
Another year lost to the blue line
So I could post and talk about stuff
Quote by DisarmGoliath
Facesitting is a violation of freedom of speech, because how can you speak when you have an ass covering your face?
So I could ask in the Pit about an Eurovision song lyrics
WHAT A
HORRIBLE
NIGHT TO
HAVE A
CURSE.
No idea. I was 12. That shit was over 14 years ago. I had just started playing
My God, it's full of stars!
I needed tabs, then I saw there was a forum, so I'd ask the occasional question about gear, then I migrated to The Pit and never left.
Come back if you want to
And remember who you are
‘Cause there's nothing here for you my dear
And everything must pass
to be a teenage shithead in the news comments sections.

all i did was shit talk bands I didn't like because i was lame.

i had to be sure to inform people what was and wasn't punk.

and to spread the word that NOFX was the best band ever.
mugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmug
Been playing guitar since like 2008, lurked the UG tabs for a few years then made an account so I could ask questions about gear and contribute. The Pit was very entertaining back in the day, so that was another good reason to join in on the fun.
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers
There shall be a stop to this madness. The battle is not over. My tasty licks aren't going anywhere.

Quote by The_Blode
^ I've just realised if you say Simple Plan's 2011 effort "Get Your Heart On!" really fast in a Southern American accent, it sounds gross. . .like sexual gross!

Quote by Necroheadbanger
Hello.
I'm looking for professional bongo-ists and triangle-ists to make a Progressive Technical Brutal Death Metal band
(will be called AxOxJxLxAxIxVxXxUxWxZxQxUxRxWxGxJxSxAxLxKxMxNxHxUxGxAxAxWxVxCxBxZxVx)
(Don't even ask what it means)

https://soundcloud.com/95dank

I joined to give amp advice. did you ever get a new one?
Lurked GB&C while deliberately avoiding the pit because i could tell it was a cancerous place; well we can all see how that turned out
Quote by Mr E Meat
this is your brain

this is your brain on RT

Quote by Standard_A440
Given that you reside in the shade of the natural light of reason, I will defer doing your homework to you.
Not a clue. I suppose I saw the humor on this forum and wanted to contribute. I wasn't really alone then but still lonely.

Years later and I question my presence here a lot. If it weren't for the whole bunch of you I liked I probably woulda left a while ago. It's not a healthy space to mentally exist in sometimes.

Regardless of how I feel now the reasons for my presence here change often. I suppose that's the case for everyone. I mean the forum dynamic changes often too, so your purpose here is bound to as well. Not in some existential sense but what it is you look forward to about the forum.

Then there are people who have been here for 10+ years and I don't know how they do it. I've got nothing going on in life right now and I still find the site time consuming.
I just literally made an account and my initial reasoning was because I have about 50 different guitar tabs I keep messing around with and was tired of it taking up bookmark space on my computer and I also wanted to have easy access from a friends. Lame reason I know!
Quote by neidnarb11890
idk i was drunk

Probably for the same reason.
There was the tabs at the beginning.
Then my life spun out of control.
I blame the rum.
There was no tab of Frank Zappa's Crew Slut online so I posted my my version and it got accepted and I've intermittently posted tabs and chord sheets for a while now and somehow I wound up in the forums and now people know me
A poem.
Quote by yoman297
no girl, movember isnt for you. shave your stache pls

I can out-bore you any day
tabs.

Wanted to ask questions about fixing my guitar.
Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
I also have to do that. Cottaging this weekend
I get so much joy from music, I wanted to share. I have a hard time connecting with people and mainly I don't really feel anything apart from having sex or playing guitar, I am emotionally dead.
Some see the glass half full, others see the glass half empty. Me? I see that the glass is refillable.
Quote by NewDayHappy
I get so much joy from music, I wanted to share. I have a hard time connecting with people and mainly I don't really feel anything apart from having sex or playing guitar, I am emotionally dead.

You aren't emotionally dead.
You just express your emotions through music, which is the only way many people here are able to do so.

And no I'm not a fucking therapist, so I'm probably full of shit. And emotionally dead.
probably i got angry about something someone said in a comment and wanted to say something salty in response
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
Youre officially uber shit now.

Quote by StewieSwan
3d9310rd is far more upset than i 

Quote by Bladez22
I'm a moron tho apparently and everyone should listen to you oh wise pretentious one
Quote by mattedbird
I joined to give amp advice. did you ever get a new one?

Yes! I ended up getting the evh 5150iii 50w a couple years ago
CodeMonk

I am a psychopath, although secondary. I can feel extreme emotions but pretty much everything else is a blur.
Some see the glass half full, others see the glass half empty. Me? I see that the glass is refillable.
Quote by NewDayHappy
CodeMonk

I am a psychopath, although secondary. I can feel extreme emotions but pretty much everything else is a blur.

Sometimes I'm like Eeyore from Winnie The Pooh, other times I'm like his polar opposite, loud mouthed, say crazy things to people I don't even know (I did that to this guy at work I didn't know one day and now we are like the best of friends).
I've been to therapists, but none have ever diagnosed me as anything other than "normal" (I guess).
Most of the time I'm "middle of the road", but only get "wild" around certain people (I'm very aware of my "audience").
Quote by CodeMonk
Sometimes I'm like Eeyore from Winnie The Pooh, other times I'm like his polar opposite, loud mouthed, say crazy things to people I don't even know (I did that to this guy at work I didn't know one day and now we are like the best of friends).
I've been to therapists, but none have ever diagnosed me as anything other than "normal" (I guess).
Most of the time I'm "middle of the road", but only get "wild" around certain people (I'm very aware of my "audience").

Nobody would ever talk to me again on this forum if they knew what I told my therapist. With that said, judging from your posts, crazy mouth etc. You would be the first person on this forum I'd like to hang out with.
Quote by NewDayHappy
Nobody would ever talk to me again on this forum if they knew what I told my therapist. With that said, judging from your posts, crazy mouth etc. You would be the first person on this forum I'd like to hang out with.

I dunno about that.
I've been here a long time, and there are probably more than a few people here that are more fucked up than you (Not intended as an insult to you).
I would guess that at least 50% of the people in The Pit have been through therapy. Lots of therapy.
But, its probably best to keep that stuff between you and your therapist.

And if you are ever near Reno, Nevada. look me up.
Last edited by CodeMonk at Jan 1, 2017,
Quote by CodeMonk
I dunno about that.
I've been here a long time, and there are probably more than a few people here that are more fucked up than you (Not intended as an insult to you).

And if you are ever near Reno, Nevada. look me up.

Jesus Christ, I cannot help but read this post and feel excited.
Guitar tabs, metal forum.

Still use these forums despite rumours calling us the Greendale of internet forums.
I had a crush on EndTheRapture51 and wanted to be closer to him.

Or I wanted to talk guitar stuff
I really wanted some obscure song tabbed so I made an account and sent about 40 people a private message stating my request.

Pretty sure someone ended up doing it, too.
ggg1 ggg3

EpiExplorer yeah ...i joined cause i think my luck is about to join the guitar since im learning guitar ...just the how the music works ..your life feels to move
I wanted to tab several songs I knew and loved but no one had yet taken the pain to do it.

Also, I'm a 3/4 bass 1/4 baritone, thus I make good use of the "chord transposition" feature other websites lack.

One more; I was tired of seing people tabbing shittily, that is, without proper formatting or chords above every line. Guess I joined in to make a difference in other people's lives as well.

Ave!
Page 1 of 2