Poll: 6505+ 112 vs Marshall dsl40c
Poll Options
View poll results: 6505+ 112 vs Marshall dsl40c
6505+ 112
3 33%
Dsl 40c
6 67%
Voters: 9.
Suh dudes I have a dsl40c with a creamback and I was wondering how it would compare to a 6505 combo. Not really looking to buy just comparing. How do they compare with like thrash tones (Megadeth, Metallica) and like 80s glamish tones (Gnr, warrant, VH, motley crue). Thx
The 6505 does modern metal tones great. But old school nasally 80's metal tones? Could do worse but it isn't really what they do best. You really need a Marshall type amp for that.

They do more modern Van Halen great though.
Roses are red
Violets are blue
Omae wa mou
Shindeiru

Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
The 6505 does modern metal tones great. But old school nasally 80's metal tones? Could do worse but it isn't really what they do best. You really need a Marshall type amp for that.

They do more modern Van Halen great though.

agree. the DSL40c would be a better choice for 80s hair metal tones and with an overdrive in front could do 80s thrash. the 6505 is pretty much the most recommended amp here for modern metal tones especially for it's price. the one othr advantage with the 6505 is that it has separate clean and dirty tone controls which the marshall doesn't
Marshall, I listen to a lot of 80's stuff and a nice clean is IMO good to have. You won't get cleans on the 6505 as good as on the DSL40c.
Get an OD and boom, 80's metal/thrash sound straight away.
Well, you can call me crazy
You can call me wrong, 'cause
See I was born a liar, albatross
Fly on, fly on
FWIW, I do really like the green channel of my 6505+ 112, crunch button engaged, gain between 6 and 7, and boosted by an OD pedal very much for thrash and more "old school" metal tones. It actually has a pretty decent Marshall vibe to it. But, like the others said, your DSL probably still beats it for those types of tones.

Of course, there's nothing stopping you from playing thrash and old-school metal on the red channel either; it just won't sound quite like album tones from the 80s.