The neck pickup on my Les Paul never works anymore. Whenever i switch to it i only hear buzz and a very slight signal from the amp. Not sure if I should check the switch or the wiring first. Has anybody had this problem? Thanks
Last edited by lukethrash7506 at Jan 3, 2017,
The contacts in the switch have likely spread apart, so that they no longer make contact.

In a pinch, you can take the switch out and disassemble it, bending all the contacts back into shape so they make a decent connection again.

A more permanent solution is to upgrade the switch to a Switchcraft one. They're not exactly cheap but you get what you pay for.
Roses are red
Violets are blue
Omae wa mou
Shindeiru

Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
T00DEEPBLUE Thanks, but would it still be the switch even if the signal barely makes it to the amp? When I switch to the neck pickup I can hear a very quiet sound coming from the amp. Thanks for the info, will look into the switch more
If it's affecting the neck pickup, but not the bridge pickup, then it's either a bad solder joint or a poor connection in the switch. The switch is a lot easier to check so do that first.

I also know from experience that the switches Epiphones come with are pretty junky and often fail after a few years. Had to change mine after a couple years to a Switchcraft and not had problems since. Not that I really use that guitar anymore, mind.
Roses are red
Violets are blue
Omae wa mou
Shindeiru

Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee