hello i've had this guitar for about 6 months (Squier by Fender Affinity Stratocaster) , but i always stop playing for a long time because i lose inspiration . and i don't see any advances but this time i want to give it a real shot , and wanted to know i place where i can learn to play the guitar online , i dont only want to know some songs , want to perfect techniques i would really appreciate your help and thank you for you time ( my amp is a champion 20)
The truth is you don't know what is going to happen tomorrow. Life is a crazy ride, and nothing is guaranteed -Marshall Mathers

This guy is pretty good with techniques and all of that.

This guy is good with songs and he also does a few techniques
Thanks guys
The truth is you don't know what is going to happen tomorrow. Life is a crazy ride, and nothing is guaranteed -Marshall Mathers
ESPOMAN can i still do this things with an electric guitar???
Garris i like rock ,classic rock and hip hop, this are some things that i like : David Bowie , Eminem ,foo fighters foster the people , green day ,jimmy eat the world , led zeppelin , muse , ac / dc, pearl jam , pink Floyd , queen of the stone age ,silver sun pickups , the smiths ,sound garden , them crooked vultures , nirvana ,billy Joel , arctic monkeys , the black keys , the offspring ,red hot chili peppers , cage the elephant etc etc
Nice.

(Just as a disclaimer I am not the most experienced or talented guitarist but here is some of my advice others will probably chime in)

What I like to do, is pick songs I like, and try and dig in on techniques within those songs. Justinguitar.com recently put up smells like teen spirit by nirvana so as an example let's use that.

Barre chords, a nice simple solo with a couple bends and some pulls offs, left hand muting during the main rift.

Remember that as you learn these techniques take your time, do all the notes sound good, are you keeping tempo, are you relaxed as you play or super tense.

Just remember everything you learn from one song you can transfer to the next.

Acdc is great for open chords, and I have used them this year to help break into learning solos.
Garris thank you dude , i find i really hard doing power chords specially the one from smells like teen spirit from nirvana , any tips on doing power chords?
what part do you find hard? Stretching your fingers or, pushing down.

Both of These will come with practice.

For stretching there are many exercises you can do to warm up and stretch your fingers out and increase your reach.

I suggest you start here

https://www.justinguitar.com/en/BC-135-FingerWorkout.php

and here

https://www.justinguitar.com/en/TE-101-FingerStretchExercise.php

And I really would suggest going to the beginning of Justin's beginner course and starting there.

He really can answer a lot of your questions and he has video up for it.

Edit

I forgot to add, you don't need to press down as hard as you think you do, I know I always pressed way to hard when fretting notes. It's part of the relaxing thing. Try fretting a not and then pluck it. Release a little bit of pressure and play it again. See how little pressure you can apply and still get a clear note.
Last edited by Garris at Jan 2, 2017,
Garris i find hard the intro , i have always found hard doing power , i'll check out all of the sites and videos thank you allot
Quote by JoseBlake
Garris thank you dude , i find i really hard doing power chords specially the one from smells like teen spirit from nirvana , any tips on doing power chords?

Smells Like Teen Spirit isn't as easy as everyone makes out, don't believe anyone who tells you it's a "beginner" song - switching between palm muted and unmuted chords quickly is a skill that needs to be learned, also that choppy strumming pattern is actually quite tricky to get right.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
steven seagull

Your right I hadn't thought about that part.

What do you think of "about a girl" if I remember correctly the main part is just open Em and G with some power or barre chords it also has a very simple solo section?
I'd always advocate following the route open chords>barre chords>power chords...why? Because think playing static chords around the nut is an easier thing to get to grips with first than moving the power chord shape aroun, keeping the same shape but at the same time not keeping the same shape as you have to adjust as different frets are different distances apart.

From open chords barre chords are the logical progression as you're simply taking those open chord shapes you know and moving them up the fretboard.

I find it's much easier to understand and conceptualise powerchords as a barre chord with some notes left out than it is to try and explain to someone how to add notes to a powerchord to make a full barre chord - it's easier to destroy than create Realistically, if you've learned barre chords then by default you've also learned how to play powerchords.

However for a nice, simple powerchord song I'd always go with Touch Too Much by AC/DC.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
wow guys thanks allot for all the support and tips i'm going to take Justin guitar's beginner course and practice some barre chords and then power chords
steven seagull seagull by any change do you know why my E and A chord have a buzzing sound in the freet board
Last edited by JoseBlake at Jan 3, 2017,
I wouldn't shy away from learning songs though. I think they are important to learning guitar as a whole. After a while you start realizing the relationship between music theory and songs you like. For example, Stairway to Heaven is a song that people usually start learning when they pick up a guitar. Then you realize those first few notes are also just plain notes in the A minor Pentatonic scale.

Learning technique is great, but theres a lot to learn and it can get intimidating especially when you don't know where to start. Picking up a song every once in a while will help with not burning you out in the long run.
"ba doo doo ba doo doo ba doo daa"
- earth,wind, and fire
hecks thanks i'll learn songs ones in a while , maybe pick a song and learn the Technic you need for that song
thanks allot for the help guys i just learned my first full song (Three Little Birds - Bob Marley)
Last edited by JoseBlake at Jan 10, 2017,