happy new year all, I wonder if there's a software that you can plug your guitar via usb or whatever and what you play would be tabbed on the software that you can save or print or what have you. is there such a software ? make life a lot easiter. I mean with the technology that we have and yes I googled to no avail. thanks in advance. cheers. Ed
I'm not aware of anything that will allow you to do that directly, although I'm prepared to be corrected.

That said, it is doable... to an extent. What you need is either some MIDI guitar or MIDI interface for your guitar, like this: http://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/TriplePlayPU You can then connect that to a PC and play in some MIDI (I would think most DAW software will support this). Then you can use something like GuitarPro to import the MIDI you generated from the above. Problem there is that the fingerings will almost 100% guaranteed be wrong, because the MIDI format is completely instrument-agnostic. You'll need to edit the generated tab by hand to get the fingerings in the places you want.

I have no idea how actually practical this process would be though, realistically you're better off learning a bit about theory and so on, and learning to tab things out yourself directly in to GuitarPro. In the long run you'll save more time, and it'll benefit you musically to be able to write down what you're composing/transcribing directly.

If you can get past all that though... go for it.

ALSO. This should probably not be in this forum. Going to move it to tab talk, but I'm not sure that's exactly the right place for it either. Point is, this is a forum for talking about the process of learning and playing guitar.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
Thread was moved to forum: Tab Talk
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.