I bought one of these Planet Waves microphone stand pick holders recently. It works fine, but it leaves black rubber shit on most of my picks. The black shit won't come out, even with alcohol, and it gets on my fingers.

Does anyone know of another rubber microphone stand pick holder that won't do this?

I'm not really looking for alternatives such as "Use double-sided tape" or whatnot.
Sorry -- as you've discovered, they leave black rubber shit on most of your picks.

W/hen you get ready to look for alternatives, use double sided tape the way the big boys do.
Quote by heterodox
Big boys? Good one.

Neal Schon (folded over gaffer's tape on the guitar itself):

Last edited by dspellman at Jan 3, 2017,
Just ordered a Dunlop pick holder. Hopefully it's better than the Planshit Waves Pick Blackener.

Not all rubber is the same, which is why I asked. Some car tires leave hella marks on pavement, while others hardly leave a mark at all.

I found that Goo Gone gets the black shit out of my Delrin picks. I'm guessing WD-40 or any other light petroleum-based product would have worked also. Maybe at some point this will help someone else who uses the Pick Blackener.
I actually had the same planet waves pickholder, and it didnt do anything bad for me. I never noticed and performance drop in the picks i use, or any black residue on them.
Joža je kul. On ma sirove z dodatki pa hambije.
Quote by gorkyporky
I actually had the same planet waves pickholder, and it didnt do anything bad for me. I never noticed and performance drop in the picks i use, or any black residue on them.

I've noticed it doesn't seem to affect my celluloid picks; only the Tortex/Delrin ones.

Quote by punduzimmer
Hi sorry can you tell me how to remove any Songs from the favorite list?

Wrong thread.