Ive had Rocksmith and Rocksmith 2014 for PS3 for a few years, just for fun and a little challenge. I play in bass mode 90% of the time, but once in a while I will pick up the six string. Does anyone else use this for practice or fun? I also heard there is a similar PS game. Anybody tried that? Just curious...
I bought it recently for shits and giggles. Played it a few days and decided I didn't like it. It's completely counterintuitive to the way I play guitar. I also laugh at those "Rocksmith made me better" commercials. The end result with these kids always sounds robotic and unfeeling guitar playing. Don't get me wrong. I love video games, playing Tomb Raider and Uncharted 4 right now and I used to love Guitar Hero. But I think as a learning tool it's more damaging than productive. I can see how bass mode could be fun though.
Last edited by Sayonara6String at Jan 2, 2017,
Its probably not a great learning tool, but as an experienced player its kinda fun. Songs I wouldnt ever hear or play. I laughed at people who said those plastic guitar games such as guitar hero were "just like being in a band". A good part of learning is just having the instrument in your hands, and Rocksmith can definitely help with that.