Has anyone used these finger gripper exercisers? What has it done for your playing? I've been using one for about 6 weeks now and I can feel my fingers are stronger chords are easier and also bends and vibrato, but it seems to have made my fingers slower and loss of some dexterity. Should I continue?
I've used them for a variety of reasons, but I've never experienced the slowdown you mention,

I'd say continue for now, while also doing more speed exercises. If the problem continues, then stop.
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Log off and play yer guitar!

Strap on, tune up, rock out!
Could be! When I used mine, I wasn't playing right afterwards. Usually, mor than an hour had passed.
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Log off and play yer guitar!

Strap on, tune up, rock out!
You need to stretch the hand/fingers/wrist constantly as you work the fingers otherwise over time you will build muscles on them without stretching those muscles.

There's finger strength exercises which help with barring, chords, pull offs etc, and there's exercises which get the fingers stretched out but not necessarily add strength. When stretching make sure to get the thumb going also.

Also it takes time to warm up the hand/fingers for optimum playing and you should be getting to this point every time you play to improve quicker. The finger grippers are great tool but it really helps to warm up the fingers before going all out on them.
Last edited by ErOR at Jan 6, 2017,
I don't think you need strong fingers, just more dexterous ones. Just like you don't want or need a surgeon to be strong, but he has to tie tiny knots.
Dave @ Seymour Duncan