I recently bought a guitar from mexico city in a small shop. It was a classical one that they claimed to be made in paracho. But it has no sticker or brand! Do you guys think I got ripped off? Its made of a solid German cherry wood top and "Palo escrito" sides
well, they sent you a guitar. there's no way to know where it was made, but if they didn't promise a sticker or particular brand, i can't see how you were ripped off. you ordered a guitar, they sent you a guitar. palo escrito is a type of rosewood, and i've seen it for sale on various guitar supply sites. btw, i've never heard of a solid cherry top, and after looking on google a bit, i'm doubtful that if it's a cherry top it's solid. might one ask what you paid for thise guitar and why you ordered it from this store?
Quote by Skeet UK
I just looked in my Oxford English Dictionary and under "Acoustic Guitar", there was your Avatar and an email address!
patticake
I went to mexico I bought it there for around the equivalent of 160$
I'd show you pictures but idk how I'm new to this site
It turns out the top is solid beech
Last edited by marcjimenez832 at Jan 3, 2017,
Quote by marcjimenez832
patticake
I went to mexico I bought it there for around the equivalent of 160$
I'd show you pictures but idk how I'm new to this site
It turns out the top is solid beech

it's a pretty inexpensive guitar. does it play and sound okay? if so, you didn't get ripped off. for the price, i'd expect all laminate and fairly generic. if it plays, it doesn't matter if it has a label.

btw, where was the guitar made - does it say it was made in mexico?
Quote by Skeet UK
I just looked in my Oxford English Dictionary and under "Acoustic Guitar", there was your Avatar and an email address!
Sounds like you got what you paid for.
"Your sound is in your hands as much as anything. It's the way you pick, and the way you hold the guitar, more than it is the amp or the guitar you use." -- Stevie Ray Vaughan

"Anybody can play. The note is only 20 percent. The attitude of the motherfucker who plays it is 80 percent." -- Miles Davis

Guthrie on tone: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zmohdG9lLqY
You post the pic in an image hosting site - I use Flickr - and then right click on the image to get "copy image address", which should be a *.jpg, and then insert it into a post using the image icon - the one with mountains and sun.

Patti, a lot of those are inexpensive Latin American guitar are all-solid - not that it makes them any better*. The OP says Paracho, which has reputation as a centre for good guitar making.
Paracho has a reputation of being a huge acoustic guitar making community- one of the biggest in the world. The guitars made there range from cheap, mass produced guitars to hand-made guitars justifiably priced in the many thousands of dollars.
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Log off and play yer guitar!

Strap on, tune up, rock out!
marcjimenez832

1- Upload the picture (ex. on flikr)
2- Copy the link of the picture
3- In the post reply box, click on Go Advanced
4- Click on the Image button (to the left of the planet with chain button)
5- Paste the link of the picture inside of the image tags (ex. (IMG)picture link here(/IMG), brackets don't work in the ex.)
6- Click on the post reply button, and that's it
160 bucks doesnt sound like a ripoff if it plays well and has some mojo.