It's close to being the five-month aniversary of my unemployment and my Dad is threatening me with potential homelessness in the next week if I don't get a job. Besides...don't most people get jobs through an in-house referral rather than applying for work as an outsider (aka the majority of my job search)? It doesn't help that my State ID expired back in October and the longest time I worked at one place was three months (and before/after quitting that job, my hamstrings and calves were and still are not as efficient as they once were, and they also hooked me up with a now mild case of carpal tunnel).

P.S. Oh yeah, and from all the on-foot job hunting, I've gotten shin splints in my left leg
Last edited by matthewramroop at Jan 3, 2017,
It wouldn't hurt to

longing rusted furnace daybreak seventeen benign nine homecoming one freight car
If you don't have any job environment preference, then you're better off going into dining restaurants, fast food, etc and asking the managers who work there for employment. Face-to-face is the best way to get a job, easily.

If you have lots of Facebook friends, then you can make a post asking if anyone is hiring, etc and you might get lucky. Social networking is key.
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers
There shall be a stop to this madness. The battle is not over. My tasty licks aren't going anywhere.

Quote by The_Blode
^ I've just realised if you say Simple Plan's 2011 effort "Get Your Heart On!" really fast in a Southern American accent, it sounds gross. . .like sexual gross!

Quote by Necroheadbanger
Hello.
I'm looking for professional bongo-ists and triangle-ists to make a Progressive Technical Brutal Death Metal band
(will be called AxOxJxLxAxIxVxXxUxWxZxQxUxRxWxGxJxSxAxLxKxMxNxHxUxGxAxAxWxVxCxBxZxVx)
(Don't even ask what it means)

https://soundcloud.com/95dank

that progressive rap metal band not working out?
Check out my band Disturbed
nah
Quote by korinaflyingv
On the come up we were listening to Grateful Dead and the music started passing through my bowel and out my arsehole as this violet stream of light. I shat music. It was beautiful.
And you expect me to form this project with nothing but an acoustic tuned to C# Standard?

P.S. Looking to buy some heavier gauge strings when I get work so I can tune down to C Standard. Just makes sense to me to start from the beginning of the octave rather than two whole steps above it. Besides...not a lot of guitar players with jersey finger so I might as well pave my own path learning guitar and start off with whatever tuning I want.
Quote by k.lainad
If you don't have any job environment preference, then you're better off going into dining restaurants, fast food, etc and asking the managers who work there for employment. Face-to-face is the best way to get a job, easily.

If you have lots of Facebook friends, then you can make a post asking if anyone is hiring, etc and you might get lucky. Social networking is key.

are you from the 1950s

longing rusted furnace daybreak seventeen benign nine homecoming one freight car
Quote by EndTheRapture51
are you from the 1950s

I doubt anyone used Facebook in the '50s.
Free Ali
Free Lard
Quote by chrismendiola
I doubt anyone used Facebook in the '50s.

you referred to the wrong bit of the post, chris.

Quote by chrismendiola
(I'm pulling your leg)

watch out, that's how you initiate foreplay with a wild lyle
o()o

Quote by JamSessionFreak
yes every night of my entire life i go to bed crying because i wasnt born american
I don't see why not but what do I know
I just want to know that I did all I could with what I was given.
Quote by EndTheRapture51
are you from the 1950s

Going door to door for food and beverage jobs is sometimes the only way to get work. Especially in bars/pubs. Even just going in and asking the staff to work for an hour pro bono to show them what you can offer is also a good tactic.
Quote by Rebel Scum
Going door to door for food and beverage jobs is sometimes the only way to get work. Especially in bars/pubs. Even just going in and asking the staff to work for an hour pro bono to show them what you can offer is also a good tactic.

Not true

You just get a "Please email us your CV/check online for vacancies" a solid 90% of the time.

You must be from the 1950s too, baby boomer scum.

Quote by EndTheRapture51
Not true

You just get a "Please email us your CV/check online for vacancies" a solid 90% of the time.

You must be from the 1950s too, baby boomer scum.

I assure you it is. Most pubs just keep a folder for resume's man. What'dya think they get their HR department or recruitment agency to comb through the resume's? lol.
a man should dress for the job he wants wake up early and not bring his ass home till he's got one attitude will get you a job working class people respond to some one who wants to work and is willing to work it's been my experience but I am also from a small country town where most jobs are either on a farm or in a factory and I have all ways been a farm hand
Wise man once said, " If you ever get lost in the woods, just start jacking off someone will see you."
If you're not too bothered about what type of job it is, try to make your CV as broad as possible. Then upload it to as many job sites as you can. But I wouldn't rule out posting on Facebook and trying to hand out CVs in person too. It goes without saying, the more bases you cover, the more likely you are to land a job. Good luck!

Quote by marshland1
a man should dress for the job he wants wake up early and not bring his ass home till he's got one attitude will get you a job working class people respond to some one who wants to work and is willing to work it's been my experience but I am also from a small country town where most jobs are either on a farm or in a factory and I have all ways been a farm hand

Nice punctuation.
If you have a lot of Facebook friends, someone will likely know of a workplace that is hiring. But don't expect them to "get you in", even if they promise they can. You're unlucky you didn't get some Christmas temp work, it's going to be harder this side of Christmas. Also don't be averse to call centres, they're usually always hiring and it sounds like you just need anything to get going.

Also ask your dad to ask his mates if they know of any vacancies. It will help him feel more involved and hopefully less likely that he will carry on with any "just give your CV out, that's what I did" rhetoric.

Aaaaand get someone to look over your CV. Make sure you put why you left the last job and what you've been doing whilst you are unemployed.
Quote by Renka
OddOneOut is an Essex S&M mistress and not a pirate or a computer program.