Page 1 of 2
I might have a sleep disorder, so I need your help to keep me awake until the evening so I can be loved and loving again.
Don't be a douchebag.
[img]http://i.imgur.com/LYZyCdp.gif[/img]

Quote by CrossBack7
Momie's like not even a real person, just an asian, lesbian spirit.
watch whose line? for 14 hrs

Quote by Pastafarian96
I an evety characyer in this story
i have no helpful advice. insomnia sucks.

much luck, pal.

well, i guess i could tell you eating a meal when you wake up is supposed to help getting a sleep cycle back where you want it, or at least that's what i read somewhere.
mugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmug
I actually fell asleep with my eyes open last time I had to do that. It was weird. Like, you just suddenly realize you've been staring at something for however long.

On topic, just stay as uncomfortable as possible and you'll stay awake.
Quote by snipelfritz
You lost me at "Lubricate."

I'm raw, like nature. Nature boy. Big jungle leaves are my cum rags.

Sometimes I fuck a bamboo shoot.

There's nothing left here to be saved
Just barreling dogs and barking trains
Another year lost to the blue line
Last edited by Joshua Garcia at Jan 3, 2017,
I can't not be a douchebag, that's coming from a dude who called me a faggot though

I could watch What's My Line, that's a close substitute. I'll try Whose first tho

And thank you thought I tried it all. It truly sucks
Quote by JustRooster
That's a shamanic incantation of truth if I ever heard one.
Oh my god it's the motherload

All of these are giving me story ideas falling falling is so dope
Last edited by ali.guitarkid7 at Jan 4, 2017,
Binge all 7 seasons of Malcom in the Middle
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers
There shall be a stop to this madness. The battle is not over. My tasty licks aren't going anywhere.

Quote by The_Blode
^ I've just realised if you say Simple Plan's 2011 effort "Get Your Heart On!" really fast in a Southern American accent, it sounds gross. . .like sexual gross!

Quote by Necroheadbanger
Hello.
I'm looking for professional bongo-ists and triangle-ists to make a Progressive Technical Brutal Death Metal band
(will be called AxOxJxLxAxIxVxXxUxWxZxQxUxRxWxGxJxSxAxLxKxMxNxHxUxGxAxAxWxVxCxBxZxVx)
(Don't even ask what it means)

https://soundcloud.com/95dank

Quote by JustRooster
Last edited by Aeolian Harmony at Jan 4, 2017,
hey

Quote by Aeolian Harmony
https://www.dianetics.org/#/videos <-- remarkable opening video

Who sits like this?

They're so close together, their feet are on top of each other, you can't possibly have a comfortable and open conversation about diagnostics like this. What if you want to stand up and get a glass of water? Pretty awkward right. What if you both stand up at the same time, BAM! face-to-face impacts are imminent. Your knees are locked, you can't cross your legs or get comfortable. Seriously. What. That was my only problem with this video everything else is perfect.
Quote by Mr E Meat
this is your brain

this is your brain on RT

Quote by Standard_A440
Given that you reside in the shade of the natural light of reason, I will defer doing your homework to you.
I'm stickying this thread for next time I'm bored
Come back if you want to
And remember who you are
‘Cause there's nothing here for you my dear
And everything must pass
Quote by ali.guitarkid7
I went to sleep on accident. Do not mourn me, for I am a night owl now.

The best kind of owl
WHAT A
HORRIBLE
NIGHT TO
HAVE A
CURSE.
Quote by ali.guitarkid7
I went to sleep on accident. Do not mourn me, for I am a night owl now.

I've been a night owl most of my working life.
I now have a job I love, although its working 6pm - 6am, but its 3 days on, 4 days off, then 4 days on and 3 days off.
But because of inventory, I only had to work 1 day this week. Today was my Monday and my Friday all at once.
And I still get paid for a regular week.

I can't work day shift anymore.
I regularly have days where I skip sleep and then try and correct it (usually from staying up on friday night making up for having to cut entertainment time during the week and then sleeping until mid afternoon/early evening on saturday and then just staying up until sunday night):

if you're at home all day, do something mildly engaging but not exhausting, video games works for me there. idk what is a good replacement for that if you don't game.

throwing in a workout gives you a bit of a energy boost. caffeine is not great since it only lasts a short while and personally when I drink more than a cup a day, my bowels have a bad time (have had naps on the toilet with lack of sleep+too much caffeine combo). drink a lot of cold water though, it really seems to help. my body usually craves carbs like crazy with lack of sleep but those just make me want to lie down even more, ignoring the cravings for them and desserts and just eating protein and veg snacks instead feels better.

sitting/lying down watching tv shows/movies all day is not ideal imo since you are idle and will eventually want to rest your head "for just a moment". watching interesting youtube vids seems to be okay though, might be something to do with watching something that you will more actively think or react to vs just chilling to shows/movies easily taking you through a narrative. reading seems to work well for me since you're having to put some energy to visualise the narrative at least, but I don't like to read when not properly alert (ie staying awake for many hours) since it's hard to absorb and appreciate the story very well.

edit: wait just 14hrs? I'm guessing you meant 14hrs after skipping a night's rest.
O.K.

“There's never enough time to do all the nothing you want.”
~ Bill Watterson

O__o
usually once i hit the 24 hour mark of no sleep i can drink a cup of coffee and immediately pass out anyway.
mugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmug
Quote by theguitarist
edit: wait just 14hrs? I'm guessing you meant 14hrs after skipping a night's rest.
Nah he's a koala bear
www.reddit.com/r/nosleep

go on top of all time bro. don't underestimate the scariness & don't read too many.
Click here to hear my BOB DYLAN (Blowing in the Wind) out right now May 2k17
Quote by theguitarist
I regularly have days where I skip sleep and then try and correct it (usually from staying up on friday night making up for having to cut entertainment time during the week and then sleeping until mid afternoon/early evening on saturday and then just staying up until sunday night):

if you're at home all day, do something mildly engaging but not exhausting, video games works for me there. idk what is a good replacement for that if you don't game.

throwing in a workout gives you a bit of a energy boost. caffeine is not great since it only lasts a short while and personally when I drink more than a cup a day, my bowels have a bad time (have had naps on the toilet with lack of sleep+too much caffeine combo). drink a lot of cold water though, it really seems to help. my body usually craves carbs like crazy with lack of sleep but those just make me want to lie down even more, ignoring the cravings for them and desserts and just eating protein and veg snacks instead feels better.

sitting/lying down watching tv shows/movies all day is not ideal imo since you are idle and will eventually want to rest your head "for just a moment". watching interesting youtube vids seems to be okay though, might be something to do with watching something that you will more actively think or react to vs just chilling to shows/movies easily taking you through a narrative. reading seems to work well for me since you're having to put some energy to visualise the narrative at least, but I don't like to read when not properly alert (ie staying awake for many hours) since it's hard to absorb and appreciate the story very well.

That was my mistake. I put on a TV show and then just fell asleep on a chair for six hours. And yeah I was trying to stay up 14 hours past the all nighter so I'd sleep around night time.

This is exactly me though, pretty much how my weeks are going now. I don't know why, maybe it's cuz I feel like I'm not doing nearly enough and so I stay up trying to get as much into my day. I thought not exercising would fix that but it didn't. Then I thought more intense exercise would help but it just put me in pain. The problem is that I make mistakes by staying up on one day and then spend the week paying for em, or as soon as I get into bed I start panicking about whether I'm going to be able to sleep. Pretty soon it's 7am and I'm pissed off so much that I gotta get up and spend a few hours outside just to get rid of that sense of suffocation.

What I'm going to try to do now is vary my activities every thirty minutes so my sense of time moves slower, maybe. If I'm not binge watching a show or just reading one book, then maybe I won't feel like I'm in one place, and I'll feel like I'm getting a lot more done.
i dunno if this will help you but it helped me.

i found that the reason i couldn't sleep was how loud my thoughts were when i tried to sleep. as soon as you decide to put your head down, your brain comes up with 20 reasons you are a shithead and all the memories n shit. how do you subside this? well, in today's world we live by going from one thrill to the next, constantly trying to distract ourselves as much as possible with a lot of music, thrilling TV shows, bright screens and notifications on various 'fake' social outlets. meditating, or doing yoga, which can be anything that involves actual silence during the day, will relieve your mind of this issue and cause you to release all of these thoughts early in the day, preparing you for the silence at night. it is good to get into the habit of writing down the events of the day or how you are feeling too, around 750 words per day REALLY helps because it relieves your subconscious of fears and worries you didn't really know were there.

that is how i fixed my sleeping. best of luck bro
Click here to hear my BOB DYLAN (Blowing in the Wind) out right now May 2k17
Got that scheduled next week, but can't decide on what kind of potpourri to spread

That's pretty accurate yeah. ^ thanks bud
Last edited by ali.guitarkid7 at Jan 4, 2017,
why it is written pot pour ri but pronounced poh purr ee I am offended by this home installment
Quote by EndTheRapture51
who pays five hundred fucking dollars for a burger
why are you so weird harmony

i love it but i gotta wonder what you get up to on your little computer
Quote by EndTheRapture51
Quote by ali.guitarkid7
That was my mistake. I put on a TV show and then just fell asleep on a chair for six hours. And yeah I was trying to stay up 14 hours past the all nighter so I'd sleep around night time.

This is exactly me though, pretty much how my weeks are going now. I don't know why, maybe it's cuz I feel like I'm not doing nearly enough and so I stay up trying to get as much into my day. I thought not exercising would fix that but it didn't. Then I thought more intense exercise would help but it just put me in pain. The problem is that I make mistakes by staying up on one day and then spend the week paying for em, or as soon as I get into bed I start panicking about whether I'm going to be able to sleep. Pretty soon it's 7am and I'm pissed off so much that I gotta get up and spend a few hours outside just to get rid of that sense of suffocation.

What I'm going to try to do now is vary my activities every thirty minutes so my sense of time moves slower, maybe. If I'm not binge watching a show or just reading one book, then maybe I won't feel like I'm in one place, and I'll feel like I'm getting a lot more done.

doing household chores helps too (not diy or anything with dangerous tools though, they're not good when you're lacking sleep), there is always something that needs doing. I used to do some gardening in spring/summer as well to stay awake (we have a big garden that needs sorting out at least once a season) but we got lazy the last few years and have had enough spare cash to just hire a gardener team to get through it all in a few hours.
O.K.

~ Bill Watterson

O__o
Quote by Banjocal
why are you so weird harmony

i love it but i gotta wonder what you get up to on your little computer

i believe it's pronounced "pope-purée"

like purée ideology
Quote by JustRooster
Quote by Aeolian Harmony
like purée ideology

???
Quote by EndTheRapture51
mein gott i know nothing

???
Quote by JustRooster
/pol/-pore-ee is right out, that's fascist garbage

bare'n'stien bears
Quote by JustRooster
poo-per-ree
O.K.

~ Bill Watterson

O__o
Page 1 of 2