Hi everyone, i made a post awhile ago asking for recommendations for a cheap amp, but i never fully committed to buying anything and just stuck with my old peavey 158. A friend of mine wants to start playing so im just going to give him the peavey and purchase a new amp since i wanted to anyway.

I play alot of Nirvana and Metallica stuff. Will be using it with my fender strat (hsh) also have a boss ds1 pedal

Must be new, i cannot test amps as there are no decent stores near me.
Last edited by hellomyfrend at Jan 4, 2017,
Peavey VIP series (formerly Vypyr) you won't need the boss pedal with this amp and it will do what you want tone wise within reason.
Thanks im looking at some reviews on youtube now, looks like there is alot of versatility! i think i might actually go with it.
Jet City
"Your sound is in your hands as much as anything. It's the way you pick, and the way you hold the guitar, more than it is the amp or the guitar you use." -- Stevie Ray Vaughan

"Anybody can play. The note is only 20 percent. The attitude of the motherfucker who plays it is 80 percent." -- Miles Davis

Guthrie on tone: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zmohdG9lLqY
Quote by Cajundaddy
Jet City
This. Hard to beat from a bang-for-the-buck perspective. I have the JCA 20H with JJ tubes. No regrets.
peavey valve kings are relatively cheap. all tube at least. a couple of small tweaks and aren't half bad.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/