I want to design guitar picks (maybe offer custom service): what would change about yours?

Hey, I have started a small company and we want to make guitar picks. What do you not like about your guitar picks and what would you change?
how terribly i play with them
Quote by Fat Lard
Why would you spend tens of thousands of dollars to learn about a language you already speak? It was over before it even started dude

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
how quickly they wear down, after like a week im practically playing with a plastic circle
~don't finkdinkle when ur supposed to be dimpdickin~
I don't like how they're not exactly Pick of Destinies. I would change them to be Pick of Destinies. Complete with powers to defeat the devil in a guitar battle.
WHAT A
HORRIBLE
NIGHT TO
HAVE A
CURSE.
Quote by kemonte.jones
BladeSlinger haha is it the guitar picks or you just not used to them?
nah, I'm just a terrible player.

I mainly get frustrated with a lack of grip. I got some Jazz III's with a ton of extra grip, and it was so wonderful. That being said, most picks I find are easy to lose while playing at times. I also have trouble relaxing my grip sometimes because I'll relax my hand too much and lose the pick.
Quote by Fat Lard
Why would you spend tens of thousands of dollars to learn about a language you already speak? It was over before it even started dude

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
Tbh I've been using the same one almost for as long as I've started playing (8 years now) and the only thing I'd change about it is maybe the color.

There's nothing left here to be saved
Just barreling dogs and barking trains
Another year lost to the blue line
Joshua Garcia
I think I actually had the same one once it was great but I haven't seen it for years
WHAT A
HORRIBLE
NIGHT TO
HAVE A
CURSE.
Make them less attractive to pick gnomes. Or put tracking devices on them or something. They're great, when those little sh!ts aren't stealing them.
Quote by ElMaco
Joshua Garcia
I think I actually had the same one once it was great but I haven't seen it for years
It really is great. It's 3.0mm, so it's pretty much indestructible, plays super solidly, and it's triangle shaped so it don't matter how you hold it. Holding it may take some getting used to but once you do, in my experience, it's hard to go back.

Take notes, TS. A quality guitar pick should have all these things. Trust me, I'm the only guitarist left in The Pit.
There's nothing left here to be saved
Just barreling dogs and barking trains
Another year lost to the blue line
Last edited by Joshua Garcia at Jan 4, 2017,
Quote by Joshua Garcia
It really is great. It's 3.0mm, so it's pretty much indestructible, plays super solidly, and it's triangle so it don't matter how you hold it. Holding it may take some getting used to but once you do, in my experience, it's hard to go back.

Take notes, TS. A quality guitar pick should have all these things. Trust me, I'm the only guitarist left in The Pit.

hey
~don't finkdinkle when ur supposed to be dimpdickin~
Quote by Joshua Garcia
It really is great. It's 3.0mm, so it's pretty much indestructible, plays super solidly, and it's triangle shaped so it don't matter how you hold it. Holding it may take some getting used to but once you do, in my experience, it's hard to go back.

while we're discussing these things I never liked the super thick stubby picks, I'm sure its possible but for me the rounded tip never let me change my dynamics as much as I could with a flat pick - plus I always had to hold onto them too tightly.
If you can find a way to stop me losing them and having to buy new ones every month that would be great
Come back if you want to
And remember who you are
‘Cause there's nothing here for you my dear
And everything must pass
Most guitar picks break. I have a nylon one but it does not last so long. If I could have the chance to change mine, it should be the toughness of such piece without compromising the comfort of the guitarist.
Quote by Joshua Garcia

they're nice but they still wear down pretty fast for me and you can't really comfortably put any attack on a note with them

Something I'd like to see and haven't yet is a pick that's both flexible and durable - all the extra durable ones I've tried have been too rigid and brittle and crack after a short while
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
Youre officially uber shit now.

Quote by StewieSwan
3d9310rd is far more upset than i 
i don't like how they don't really work or pay taxes and just sit around my house all day all entitled like
Quote by korinaflyingv
On the come up we were listening to Grateful Dead and the music started passing through my bowel and out my arsehole as this violet stream of light. I shat music. It was beautiful.
I have a bowl of grey picks because the sizes I prefer in the material I prefer are all grey. I want some color in my life.
Gear: Gibson Les Paul Studio, Gibson SG Special, Fender Stratocaster, Fender Telecaster, Fender Jazzmaster, Gretsch Pro Jet, Carvin C350, Epiphone ES-339 P90, Epiphone ES-335 Pro. Peavey 6505, Sovtek MIG-100, Vox AC30, Peavey XXX.
I like the Ultex and Tortex picks that are 1mm or thicker.

Only thing I would change would be some slight texturing for grip.
I like St. Anger. Ridicule me, daddy
Quote by The_Blode
^ I'm sorry your highness I forgot that I'm subhuman. . .

Quote by ErikLensherr
Normani
Normani
Normies
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
Ok, I have better grip, flexible and durable material that doesn't wear down quickly, more color, between .60mm and 3.0mm, and heavy triangular. Great feedback so far! Thank you
Last edited by kemonte.jones at Jan 5, 2017,
Quote by Duaneclapdrix
I've always wanted a thumbpick that wasn't two feet long.

Why are they so long?

I second that.

How about a small one trick pony pick? Like a pinch harmonic only pick?
Purple string dampener scrunchy.
I've always used Jazz III's and I have no reason to choose anything else.
Quote by TheSennaj
And well yes, I'll enjoy the carpal tunnel and tendonitis, because trying to get one is clearly smarter than any word you have spoken thus far.
Quote by Joshua Garcia
Trust me, I'm the only guitarist left in The Pit.

ill guitar battle u
Check out my band Disturbed
Quote by Joshua Garcia

U fockin wot m8?
Purple string dampener scrunchy.
sometimes i play too much guitar and forget to brush my teeth in the morning because im so excited to play more guitar, can you make a pick with a toothbrush on it so i can remember to stay hygenic before it gets to midday and the damage is done

edit: also can you make a pick that allows me to stay inspired in my music path
Click here to hear my BOB DYLAN (Blowing in the Wind) out right now May 2k17
Last edited by laid-to-waste at Jan 5, 2017,
You gotta go from at least .60mm - 3.0mm

I'd be disappointed if .73 and .88 were not offered.

Not everyone uses super monster thickness picks.
Gear: Gibson Les Paul Studio, Gibson SG Special, Fender Stratocaster, Fender Telecaster, Fender Jazzmaster, Gretsch Pro Jet, Carvin C350, Epiphone ES-339 P90, Epiphone ES-335 Pro. Peavey 6505, Sovtek MIG-100, Vox AC30, Peavey XXX.
i need a pick with some kind of beeper attatchment like people put on their keys.
mugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmug
i play with the jazz 3's right now, and they do pretty much everything i need.

i've always wanted to try metal guitar picks, maybe something that doesn't wear down as easily...
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers
There shall be a stop to this madness. The battle is not over. My tasty licks aren't going anywhere.

Quote by The_Blode
^ I've just realised if you say Simple Plan's 2011 effort "Get Your Heart On!" really fast in a Southern American accent, it sounds gross. . .like sexual gross!

Quote by Necroheadbanger
Hello.
I'm looking for professional bongo-ists and triangle-ists to make a Progressive Technical Brutal Death Metal band
(will be called AxOxJxLxAxIxVxXxUxWxZxQxUxRxWxGxJxSxAxLxKxMxNxHxUxGxAxAxWxVxCxBxZxVx)
(Don't even ask what it means)

https://soundcloud.com/95dank

Quote by ThunderPunk
You gotta go from at least .60mm - 3.0mm

I'd be disappointed if .73 and .88 were not offered.

Not everyone uses super monster thickness picks.

Seconded. I've never been a fan of thicker picks, .73's where it's at.

Maybe offer some sort of light texturing on thinner pick sizes, to make them a little easier to hold when your hand starts sweating? Maybe that's just a problem unique to me, just brainstorming.
Quote by Pastafarian96
You start making me triangular heavy picks and I'll start paying your rent
Gravity Striker? I have a couple, they're pretty big and triangular and mine are 1.5mm but I think they go up to 3.
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
Youre officially uber shit now.

Quote by StewieSwan
3d9310rd is far more upset than i 
When I use a pick (mostly use fingernails now) I use the carbon fiber Jazz III max grips. Perfect shape and size, excellent grip, completely rigid without being super thick, and they barely wear down at all. I just compared a new one to the one stuck to my guitars headstock that's probably a couple years old and the tip might be worn down half a millimeter. Don't know what else I could want in a pick. Maybe if it came in different colors
make me a jazz III w/ nick reinhart's face or the hot dog man on it ye?

edit: also left handed thumb/fingerpicks would be pretty gr8
Last edited by Dregen at Jan 5, 2017,