Hi guys, due to budget concern i have a old spider iv 412 cab (i knw ur yawning there) and would like to utilise it.

And due to different ohm/watt im wondering what kind of head suitable to pair with it?

http://line6.com/support/topic/21155-spider-4x12-connection/

Looking for cheapish practice tube head such as blackstar ht1 or ht1 metal, orange micro dark n terror etc. I knw some say their hybrid though.

Thanks in advance.
PRS Singlecut Tremolo
Mesa Boogie Express 5:25 Combo
Martin OM1 Acoustic
Digitech Bad Monkey
Almost anything will work. One-watt amps will *barely* push those speakers, of course, so if you're talking "suitable" you're heading the wrong direction.
Quote by dspellman
Almost anything will work. One-watt amps will *barely* push those speakers, of course, so if you're talking "suitable" you're heading the wrong direction.

Hi dspellman, thanks alot for your input.

In this case i am pretty much set on orange micro dark terror (20w)after checking price as well as demo/review.

Wondering if its ok to match with spider 412 cab and how am i suppose to connect it properly? Refer below link for micro dark rear panel image.
https://ln-media.orangeamps.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/07/Orange-Micro-Dark-5-1030x1030.jpg

Thanks again in advance.
PRS Singlecut Tremolo
Martin OM1 Acoustic
Digitech Bad Monkey
That should work fine. Use the 4ohm mono setting on your cab. The Amp will recognize the load, but it has to be 8ohm or 4 ohm for the amp to work. So your cab at 4ohms will be fine.

edited
'16 Gibson LP Standard T, '95 Fender MIM Strat
Helix Rack, Jetcity JCA50H w/ JCA24s+
Last edited by DirtFarmer at Jan 5, 2017,
Quote by DirtFarmer
That should work fine. Use the 4ohm mono setting on your cab. The Amp will recognize the load, but it has to be 8ohm or 4 ohm for the amp to work. So your cab at 4ohms will be fine.

edited

Hi dirtfarmer,

Thanks for the input. However refer to micro dark rear panel pic from link above, written there min 8ohm for connection. So wondering 4ohm cab will do(mono). If stereo then 8ohm each.

Hmm...
PRS Singlecut Tremolo
Martin OM1 Acoustic
Digitech Bad Monkey
When these things refer to a 'minimum' impedance, you want to look for that number or larger. That would mean that if 8 ohms is the minimum, 4 ohms won't work but 16 ohms will. That amp will not run stereo (you actually need to separate power amps or a stereo amp). If you're talking running two 8 ohm cabinets in parallel (for a total impedance of 4 ohms) -- that won't work.