I've just been using the webcam on my MacBook Pro for recording snippets and 'ideas' that I've written, just to remind myself, as well as upload some to YouTube or show to friends. However, the webcam just isn't high resolution at all, and can't deal with fast fingering (don't laugh...)

Does anyone have experience with cameras? Ideally I'd like something which is also great at taking still images too, so that I can take it on trips etc to take photos.

I've been looking at DSLRs, but I have zero plans on spending £1000 on something which I'm not going to be using in my career.

Any recommendations?
Sony RX100, Panasonic G5, Canon G9. All excellent advanced cameras that do video well.
"Your sound is in your hands as much as anything. It's the way you pick, and the way you hold the guitar, more than it is the amp or the guitar you use." -- Stevie Ray Vaughan

"Anybody can play. The note is only 20 percent. The attitude of the motherfucker who plays it is 80 percent." -- Miles Davis

Guthrie on tone: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zmohdG9lLqY
Honestly if you aren't willing to spend the money on a nice DSLR then I wouldn't even bother buying a camera. If you have a relatively recent smartphone, just use that and spend your money on a decent lighting rig cause that will make a bigger difference IMO.

A nice camera will only take you so far if you don't set your shots up right and get your lighting right and take the time to do things like that. On the other hand, good lighting, setting the right levels on your camera etc... will make a bigger difference without you having to spend tons of dollars to shoot in 4k or buying a nice DSLR. Especially if you are handy and can jerry a lighting rig yourself.
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
Last edited by H4T3BR33D3R at Jan 5, 2017,