Page 1 of 2
I searched and couldn't find this thread maybe I didn't look hard enough idk anyway, I started playing guitar becasue I really liked Guns N' Roses and wanted to play their songs
Quote by ESPOMAN
I searched and couldn't find this thread

really tho
Check out my band Disturbed
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
iunno cool kids at school were doin it
o()o

Quote by JamSessionFreak
yes every night of my entire life i go to bed crying because i wasnt born american
Wanted to smash hot girl in high school (8 years ago)

*edit* using the kid's slang "smash" for rubbing genitals
Xbox Live: DeSquared94
PSN: desquared94
Quote by Ablast
Wanted to smash hot girl in high school (8 years ago)

*edit* using the kid's slang "smash" for rubbing genitals

tbh these days you get more pussy by smashing buttons on a Macbook
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers
There shall be a stop to this madness. The battle is not over. My tasty licks aren't going anywhere.

Quote by The_Blode
^ I've just realised if you say Simple Plan's 2011 effort "Get Your Heart On!" really fast in a Southern American accent, it sounds gross. . .like sexual gross!

Quote by Necroheadbanger
Hello.
I'm looking for professional bongo-ists and triangle-ists to make a Progressive Technical Brutal Death Metal band
(will be called AxOxJxLxAxIxVxXxUxWxZxQxUxRxWxGxJxSxAxLxKxMxNxHxUxGxAxAxWxVxCxBxZxVx)
(Don't even ask what it means)

https://soundcloud.com/95dank

Click here to hear my BOB DYLAN (Blowing in the Wind) out right now May 2k17
Quote by laid-to-waste
none of these ask the specific question of the title tbh man i think it's a great question.

i got really good at guitar hero and my brother said wtf man why dont u just get a guitar. i bought a guitar.

I like drugs too man, you should pass the ones you're on.
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
Brad Nowell, John Lennon, Eric Clapton, John Frusciante, Kurt Cobain, James Hetfield & Randy Rhoads.

Those are my heroes, I wanted to be like them. Just without the drugs & all that stuff.
Some see the glass half full, others see the glass half empty. Me? I see that the glass is refillable.
Kurt Cobain

I wanted to be just like him. With all the drugs and blowing my head off and stuff.

Good thing that phase passed before I tried heroin and gun ownership.
mugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmug
Mike McCready.

I still worship that guy. That band. I also still wear flannel all the time. I haven't moved on much since I was 18.
I liked music

I wanted to make music

So I learned music

#storiesofanUbermensch
Quote by EndTheRapture51
who pays five hundred fucking dollars for a burger
Played guitar hero 2

Heard "Jessica"

Asked dad about "The Almond Brothers"

Told me it was the "Allman Brothers"

Listened to them

Beat Guitar Hero 3 and the Rock Band 1 and 2

Why am I wasting my time?

Play the real thing

Get gud

Travel through the genres

All I play is Buddy Holly
My story is so uninspiring. My high school happened to have a guitar class. First day of tenth grade, I've just finished sitting through the syllabus for the speech class I was in, thinking it sounded awful, and the guitar teacher shows up and says I'm listed as being enrolled in his class, and I'd have to pick which class I was going to take. I said "I'm out!" and opted for guitar.
So oddly enough, the answer is "because I'm a slacker".
My reason's the same as OP's except with a different band.
Quote by DisarmGoliath
Facesitting is a violation of freedom of speech, because how can you speak when you have an ass covering your face?
no one in particular.
ever since i was in like 4th or 5th grade & became aware of music as more than background noise & started actively listening to it, i wanted to play & write rock songs. in 6th grade general music we spent like 3 weeks or something noodling around with acoustic guitars, & that was when i realized like "hey playing guitar isn't some weird abstract thing" -- 'cuz you see, i didn't actually know anything about instruments or or how the sounds i was hearing were made when i was 10 -- so then the next year i got a guitar for X-mas.
Quote by Banjocal
I liked music

I wanted to make music

So I learned music

#storiesofanUbermensch

basically
the monotony of suburban life

and i wanted to get laid without working out
"ba doo doo ba doo doo ba doo daa"
- earth,wind, and fire
Larry's Garage, Larry had a drum set and a garage his parents let him practice in, Lots of other stuff went on there back in the 70's too but I digress
In the beginning listening to my dad's instrumental surf records by The Ventures inspired me to want to learn later on Randy Rhoads got me motivated to save up and buy my first guitar.
"A well-wound coil is a well-wound coil regardless if it's wound with professional equipment, or if somebody's great-grandmother winds it to an old French recipe with Napoleon's modified coffee grinder and chops off the wire after a mile with an antique guillotine!"
- Bill Lawrence

Come and be with me
Live my twisted dream
Pro devoted pledge
Time for primal concrete sledge

I really got into music at a young age but when I discovered Ozzy and Sabbath that's when I decided I wanted to play guitar.
My Gear Bass / Guitar
Schecter Guitar Research Demon-6 With Floyd Rose Solid Body Electric Guitar Transparent Black Burst
Line 6 Spider 15 Classic 15W 1x8 Guitar Combo Amp
Dunlop 47R3N Jazz III 1.38mm Sharp Tip Nylon Guitar Picks
Dunlop Tortex Standard Guitar Picks .88 mm
DR Strings Dimebag Darrell DBG-10 Medium Hi-Voltage Electric Guitar Strings
D'Addario EXL110 Nickel Wound Light Electric Guitar Strings
Yamaha TBRX304
RotoSound Swing Bass 66 Nickel Wound Standard Gauge Strings
Ampeg BA 108 Amp
paul wagonner, thomas erak, luke hoskin, synyster gates, in that order

also guitar hero 2 was a huge factor
My parents noticed I was really good at Guitar Hero and a fast typer so my mom bought me a real guitar.
Free Ali
also guitar hero ofc

but for bass it was my waifu
for reals
i finished K-On and went out and bought a bass
the same bass i use now
it's a right-handed version of the one my waifu uses too
Started with Guitar Hero. I was really really good at it and my dad (who also plays) talked me into picking up a real one.

I've always been into music though so I think it would've happened eventually anyways. Also learned to play the piano when I was 8. Was really more interested in learning to play the drums but didn't and still don't have room.
Quote by snipelfritz
You lost me at "Lubricate."

I'm raw, like nature. Nature boy. Big jungle leaves are my cum rags.

Sometimes I fuck a bamboo shoot.

There's nothing left here to be saved
Just barreling dogs and barking trains
Another year lost to the blue line
Being 15 and pop punk being mainstream music on the top 40 all the time.
Basically, it was, what's the oddest thing--for me--I could do.

I can't fit into those tight leather pants yet.
Guitar/Bass:
Schecter: Damien 6/Stilletto Extreme 5, Squier: Bullet HSS*, Washburn RX10*/WG-587, Agile Septor 727
*mods

Amps/FX
Peavey: Vypyr 30/Max 112 (200W), ISP: Decimator

Quote by dannyalcatraz
Understood- I waste money on amps*, too.

justinguitar.com is the answer
Quote by Duaneclapdrix
Played guitar hero 2

Heard "Jessica"

How old are you?
OBEY THE MIGHTY SHITKICKER
Jimmy Page, Alex Lifeson, Gary Rossington, Hughie Thomasson, Gary Richrath.
Last edited by CodeMonk at Jan 6, 2017,
My big bro liked acdc and shit and i bought a metal health LP from a dude in a parking lot when i was 12
Quote by Duaneclapdrix

Why?

Just hitting that stage in life where you're coming to grips with the idea that there's a whole identity group of adults younger than you. Nothing you did.
OBEY THE MIGHTY SHITKICKER
I remember hearing the Diary of a Madman album by Ozzy when I was abour 4/5 and being blown away by it. I was just like "oooh, evil, heavy, man looking spooky on the front cover". That probably helped.

I can also remember sitting in the bath listening an Iron Maiden compilation my dad had given me when I was about 6/7 and hearing the harmonies in Rime Of the Ancient Mariner and just thinking it sounds so cool.

The final straw was getting a bit obsessed with Angus Young and Tony Iommi. Riff Raff by AC/DC and War Pigs by Sabbath made me want to play so much.
Gibson SG 2016 1960's Tribute
Fender Standard Stratocaster
Marshall DSL100H
Marshall 1960B 4x12
ProCo Rat 2
Quote by k.lainad
tbh these days you get more pussy by smashing buttons on a Macbook

Can confirm, I play in an synthpop band. I smash:
  • Buttons/pads on MIDI controllers
  • Pussy (sometimes, thats ok for me)
  • (some guitar)

To answer TS' question, Metallica and some rock band from Philippines called Sponge Cola.
my starter pack was Korn, Limp bizkit and metallica
O.K.

“There's never enough time to do all the nothing you want.”
~ Bill Watterson

O__o
Well Slash made me want to get one. He has nothing influence on my playing though. Guys like Clapton, Dylan, Young, SRV, and Page influenced me back in High School. Now days it guys like Norman Blake, Tony Rice,Dylan, CSNY, and Clapton.
"Music became a healer for me. And I learned to listen with all my being. I found that it could wipe away all the emotions of fear and confusion relating to my family." Eric Clapton
Page 1 of 2