I'm looking for a new guitar on a budget as an upgrade from my Cort vx-2v
I've had it since I was 13 and I feel like I've grown out of it, I still play mostly metal but I've developed a more versatile and open minded style
PRS guitars have always been an obsession of mine and this particular one is now 20% off.
My biggest fear is realising it's not an actual upgrade over my Cort.
What do you guys think? Also I'd like to hear your opinion on this PRS
I think you have to ask yourself what constitutes an "upgrade" for you. Neither "different" nor "more" are the same as "better". If you just want a new guitar for a change, that's fine, I think we all do that and I don't believe that you need any kind of "upgrade" excuse. However, I would think about what you want in the new one that the old one hasn't got. No spikes, different colour, whatever.
Obviously part of me wants a change, but if I'm sending money might as well take a step forward.
Quote by Dude47
I'm looking for a new guitar on a budget as an upgrade from my Cort vx-2v
I've had it since I was 13 and I feel like I've grown out of it, I still play mostly metal but I've developed a more versatile and open minded style
PRS guitars have always been an obsession of mine and this particular one is now 20% off.
My biggest fear is realising it's not an actual upgrade over my Cort.
What do you guys think? Also I'd like to hear your opinion on this PRS

I own the 2017 PRS SE Tremonti and I absolutely love it. It can definitely deliver some serious rock and metal sounds, but it still sounds great clean, or with mild gain.

I don't know *specifically* which guitar you are looking at, but if it's on sale, or largely discounted, it might be an older model. For the 2017 models, they made some changes that you might want to do some research on.

If the one you're looking at says TREMONTI on the headstock, and not on the truss rod cover, then it's an older model. The most recent ones say Paul Reed Smith SE on the headstock, and the artist/model name is only on the truss rod cover.

This one at Sam Ash is the new model. http://www.samash.com/se-mark-tremonti-custom-electric-guitar-ptrcgb2xx-p
Looking at the 2016 model
Last edited by Dude47 at Jan 7, 2017,
Quote by Dude47
Looking at the 2016 model

I'd say get it. That's the one I played on to try out the guitar. I didn't like that it said Tremonti on the headstock, but I liked the guitar more than I disliked that part of the design. When I saw the 2017 model had "Tremonti" on the trussrod cover and not on the headstock, I preferred it much more.