Hey, been a while since I've been on here!

I was just playing my guitar when the volume of the amp volume started decreasing gradually (about 10-15 seconds) before cutting out completely. When it cut out, I believe I heard a pop, although I may have just been hearing things. I immediately turned it on standby and noticed that the amp grill on top was extremely hot to touch and I could smell the heat of the amp (if you get what I mean haha). I've just turned it off and unplugged it as I was unsure of whether to try different guitars/cables in case leaving it on after what had just happened may damage it further.

I will probably take it to an amp tech but I was just wondering if anyone had any ideas of what it could be? This has never happened before so I'm not really sure what it could be. Amp is a Laney VH100R.

Thanks!!
Laney VH100R, Randall KH 4x12 cab, Harley Benton G212V, ESP LTD EC-1000, Jackson Demmelition King V, LTD KH-602, Tanglewood TW170, LTD EX-50, Squire Strat, Zakk Wylde wah, EHX Small Clone, Blackstar HT-5H
Ye I thought it might be a tube as well as something similar has happened before and it turned out to be a tube problem. I think the last time they were changed was like 2 years ago? maybe less maybe more but around then, I'm not sure how long they are suppose to last
Laney VH100R, Randall KH 4x12 cab, Harley Benton G212V, ESP LTD EC-1000, Jackson Demmelition King V, LTD KH-602, Tanglewood TW170, LTD EX-50, Squire Strat, Zakk Wylde wah, EHX Small Clone, Blackstar HT-5H
there isnt a set "tubes will last this long" scale. It all depends on the tubes and how hard and often you you push them and play loud.

Ive had tubes last me 6 months and others last me 2+ years or so. Sometimes even longer.
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
Would you suggest just changing them all at the same time, or just replacing the ones that are gone? If so, how easy is it to just swap out all the tubes or would you suggest just taking it to get done by a tech?
Its a Laney VH100R. I believe it is fixed bias